Rumor has it...three Big 12 teams were unwilling to commit to ...

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
MHVer or whatever does not report on inside info. He tries to drive the situation. That's what went on the last time. He is trying to drive WVU into another power conference. One of those "if we talk about it enough and enough people believe it, it will become so" kind of guys.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I know an OU alum with real connections who told me he has heard ESPN is maneuvering WVU into the ACC, and ESPN wants Notre Dame to go with them. If ND refuses, even in the face of a bunch of new ESPN $$$, Kansas is ready to take spot #16. ESPN wants to have the best football league in the SEC and the best hoops league in the ACC all under its TV rights umbrella.

This is all from one guy who is only plugged in at OU but he usually knows his stuff. Needless to say, WVU and KU heading to the ACC would be bad news for ISU in a few different ways.

Last edited:

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Kick out Baylor and WVU and make it the The Big 18 Pac

West: Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon St. Washington Washington St., UCLA, USC, Utah

East: Arizona, Arizona St., Colorado, ISU, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Kansas, Texas Tech, TCU

Don't read the USC to the B1G rumors.....

Which makes ZERO sense from a traditional college football standpoint, but all the sense in the world in our new kill-the-golden-goose era of athletics

Reactions: mj4cy

JCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 9, 2009
And most of them probably root for Husker football.
I think they KU bball fan and sker football fan is mostly a Nebraska thing, I know so many. I would think people in Kansas like that would have moved on to a program that isnt awful.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So, the way I understand it is that technically, TX and OU could be on the hook for a combined $150M for their existing GOR obligation. If other teams start finding new homes can the remaining ones collect that or collect from the other defectors? When does a conference officially not exist?

Let's say K St and Okie St can't find a new home. Can they claim Big XII GOR income from the others for the next couple of years?
UT/OU is on the hook for the next four (assume they play this year so then 3) years of their TV rights, any difference if the media lowers them, plus the 80 MM each failure to alert fee is what has been mentioned.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'd prefer a PAC 16 with Utah in the East without TCU and Tech. Or you could convince me to drop KSU instead of Tech.
Tech is a take before Kstate IMO. I believe Baylor and Kstate are in the worst position. I have no clue with WV, so far away.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
It's P4 football, so it's survival.

As Gustav Hasford once wrote, "The dead know only one thing, that it is better to be alive".

I agree with all of this. But I'll also throw out there that I'd still find a way to have fun at an ISU vs Air Force league game under the lights at JTS.

I know it's a step down. I know if SUCKS financially. But I'm sure we would still rally around the good guys and our community would live on

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
All the 'Texas and OU and the SEC and ESPN' have this all figured out and we can't compete legally leaves out one factor; TAMU leaked this before they were ready. Who knows what their desired timetable was but the timing of this probably has those entities scrambling too.

Reactions: cyclones500

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I agree with all of this. But I'll also throw out there that I'd still find a way to have fun at an ISU vs Air Force league game under the lights at JTS.

I know it's a step down. I know if SUCKS financially. But I'm sure we would still rally around the good guys and our community would live on
For sure, to a point I agree this. But if I have a choice to play Ohio St under the JTS lights or Air Force, I think I’m gonna go ahead and take Ohio St. For so, so many reasons.

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I've gone through too many ISU nut cups to presume we survive this at a power-conference level. Expect the worst, hope for the best. The Air Force picture that was mentioned above sounds awful and frightening. Think of what our brethren to the east would say if Iowa State went down a level or half level. We would basically be viewed the same as UNI. No thanks.

Last edited:

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I've gone through too many ISU nut cups to presume we survive this at a power-conference level. Expect the worst, hope for the best. The Air Force picture that was mentioned above sounds awful and frightening. Think of what our brethren to the east would say if Iowa State went down a level or half level. We would basically be viewed the same as UNI. No thanks.

Cy Hawk series would end because Iowa would want to play only at Kinnick and we would refuse.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I know an OU alum with real connections who told me he has heard ESPN is maneuvering WVU into the ACC, and ESPN wants Notre Dame to go with them. If ND refuses, even in the face of a bunch of new ESPN $$$, Kansas is ready to take spot #16. ESPN wants to have the best football league in the SEC and the best hoops league in the ACC all under its TV rights umbrella.

This is all from one guy who is only plugged in at OU but he usually knows his stuff. Needless to say, WVU and KU heading to the ACC would be bad news for ISU in a few different ways.

lol why would ESPN care if West Virginia was in the ACC? I suppose I could buy the Kansas angle.

For that matter, isn't the ACC's tv deal locked in at a pretty low rate until like 2035 why would Kansas take that option now?

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
lol why would ESPN care if West Virginia was in the ACC? I suppose I could buy the Kansas angle.

For that matter, isn't the ACC's tv deal locked in at a pretty low rate until like 2035 why would Kansas take that option now?

Are you seriously asking why KU would accept an ACC invitation now? All eight of the Big 12 schools would accept an ACC, B1G, or Pac-12 invitation on the spot at this very moment.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron