Rumor has it...three Big 12 teams were unwilling to commit to ...

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
I think we'd think differently if our future was tied to the AAC or MWC while other schools around us got invited to the Big 10 and Pac 12 - and I think schools like K-State, Baylor (I really don't care what they think), TCU, TT, and OSU would think the same if they don't find soft landing spots as well.

None of us are walking out the door holding hands with TX or OU, like the situation that was shaping up last time. They took themselves out of the equation, and deserve all the scumbag credit.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
So let's say we get leveraged by the Pac before we get an offer from the BiG. Basically all 12 of the comitt to stay and they want to add four, offer us, KU, KST and OKST, but caveat it with we'll take Tech if you can't co.itt now. Do you accept or roll the dice?
Honestly, I like PAC style of play better. Obviously the money in the Big Ten is better, but for style purposes, I’d rather be in the Pac12.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I think people need to understand that if this Big 10 thing does happen within the next few weeks/months that we're scumbags that jeopardized the well-being of Big 12 Conference members right alongside OU, UT, and KU. Not as big as OU and UT because we'd be reacting with our own interests in mind above others, but still scumbags nonetheless. I'd still hate them for it, but unfortunately we'd be allies in trying to split from the Big 12 as quickly and as inexpensively as possible.

If we believe the Opening Post that ISU/KU/WV told the other 5 schools they wouldn't sign a BOR then no we are not scumbags. If fact stating our intention up front and not stringing the others along with hope of a "new" B12 is the stand up thing to do.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I think people need to understand that if this Big 10 thing does happen within the next few weeks/months that we're scumbags that jeopardized the well-being of Big 12 Conference members right alongside OU, UT, and KU. Not as big as OU and UT because we'd be reacting with our own interests in mind above others, but still scumbags nonetheless. I'd still hate them for it, but unfortunately we'd be allies in trying to split from the Big 12 as quickly and as inexpensively as possible.

Ya, no. This is a ******** line of thinking. F everyone else and get the best deal for ISU.

Reactions: CycloneVet

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So let's say we get leveraged by the Pac before we get an offer from the BiG. Basically all 12 of the comitt to stay and they want to add four, offer us, KU, KST and OKST, but caveat it with we'll take Tech if you can't co.itt now. Do you accept or roll the dice?
You verbally accept and tell the big ten you have 24 hours to give us up or down. Get an up and you pull out. May torque some people but it seems like people back out on deals now a days fairly often.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

No way...once Tx & OU "leaked" their intentions...this league was done! No chance to save it...at least not remotely salvaging it at a level to which it currently was! So if ISU and KU jumped somewhere tomorrow (I know...that isn't happening...just saying)...Tx and OU caused that situation...it is completely independent of ISU and KU's decisions that will be coming afterward.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
You verbally accept and tell the big ten you have 24 hours to give us up or down. Get an up and you pull out. May torque some people but it seems like people back out on deals now a days fairly often.

If it gets to that point you already know what you have anyway.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion

That scenario won’t happen—as KU would be grabbed before ISU for the B1G. PAC won’t be interested in Baylor and TCU anyways. So it would be KSU/OSU/TTU/ISU for the PAC with no other suitor to nab ISU’s spot if they don’t jump on the PAC.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyforce

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I would say other school's fans would be jealous, even resentful if we get a soft landing and others don't. But not like the hatred we ALL reserve for UT, OU and the SEC.

That's kind of my point. Perhaps "scumbag" is strong, but other schools aren't just going to say "godspeed" if things end up being okay for us while their futures remain uncertain.

Reactions: Wholeknee11

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Yes accept.
And then if the B1G offers, immediately throw the PAC 12 under the bus and back out of the deal because **** it

• Haha
Reactions: salennon07

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Nope we need to be in the drivers seat looking into review mirror not sitting in the back. The league is finished, time to go to work for us now.

• Winner
Reactions: KKramer

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
That's kind of my point. Perhaps "scumbag" is strong, but other schools aren't just going to say "godspeed" if things end up being okay for us while their futures remain uncertain.

Right, because it's bad for them. And yet all 8 schools would, right now, within 10 minutes, accept a Pac-12/B1G/ACC invitation. And we all know it. There is nothing "scumbag" about it; everyone is now aware that we are all angling for what's best for ourselves. OU and UT have forced us into this position and now it's out in the open.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Just think if we would have pulled that off, how different things would have been. Looking at the last decade.

All kinds of what-ifs over the last decade. OSU and Tech probably wishing that the UT\OU\OSU\TTU pac-12 thing had happened a decade ago now.

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1