Rich Rodriguez = New Michigan Coach

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
I wonder if Rodriguez would have taken the job if they were 12-0 and had beaten Pitt to go to the Nat'l Championship game.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Petrino and Rodriquez must have the same car insurance company because they are cut out of the same mold and are such good liars to their players. Throw Brian Kelley in there also. He is always looking for the next job also.

sdsmith4

Mar 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
I think that is a bit unfair to say. I am sorry you are contacted by Michigan and Alabama, two of the most prestigious schools in the country, you should listen. I am surprised he is leaving, but he isn't Bobby Petrino and to say that Brian Kelly is in that school yet because he hasn't left Cincinnati, if he left you could say that, but yea!! He only left Central Michigan where he was for a good while and before that he was at Grand Valley for a quite awhile as well. So I guess I just don't understand those statements!!

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
surprised this thread made it this far before anyone picked up on that. wvu fans must hate the wolverines.

WVU fans LOVE Michigan for hiring their MBB coach (even though he is a very good coach) because it allowed them to bring Thuggins...I mean Huggins back home!

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006
If the Ravens fire their coach after this season, there will be plenty of rumors to go around.
Since the Ravens gave the Dolphins their first win today. I gotta think Billick is going to get the axe. Let the KF to Baltimore rumors start now.

Jables22

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 15, 2007
Since the Ravens gave the Dolphins their first win today. I gotta think Billick is going to get the axe. Let the KF to Baltimore rumors start now.

Looks like the Ravens have finally quit on Billick....... They've lost 8 in a row now. Dead man walking.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
if RR is going to bring the spread option offense to Michigan, see the strugles for the next few years. They don't have the players to run it, they have a 6'5" stud drop back QB that started a number of games as a True Freshman. They have tall lenghty receivers, they do not fit into the spread option game. I don't think this was the best hire for the near future, maybe in 2 or 3 years I will be wrong.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
RR was a good coach at WVU, but that offense really really really relied on Slaton and White.

It will be interesting to see how well he can incorporate any of that spread O at Michigan.

Rodriguez is an offensive genius. He was Tommy Bowden's OC at both Tulane and at Clemson and made the younger Bowden look like a better coach than he really is. Heck, they went 12-0 at Tulane! His success is a little deeper than just having Slaton and White the last couple of years.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Really curious at how you think the situation should be handled with coaches. They don't have the luxury that we do of keeping things on the DL when we are searching to improve our career. In coaching searches you have so many media outlets trying to uncover every little detail and expose it. When a coach comes out and uses the silent treatment, fans get on him. When a coach tells the truth, fans get on him.

If Chizik is in the situation in the future, what do you want him to do? Hey team, I'm searching for another job. Don't worry though, if it doesn't pan out I am really committed to staying here?

I totally agree...they are damned if they do (say what's going on) and damned if they don't (say what's going on).

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
I realize the coaches have to be careful during this process but why do they have to tell bold faced lies like Rich did do his team today? That's all I'm saying. Or Bobby Petrino telling Auther Blank the day before he took the Arky job that he was content being the coach at Atlanta. I would respect a coach a lot more if he said "yeah, (insert school) contacted me and I listened to them." Instead of all these guys back peddling and lying to everyone. I don't think that's too much to ask. I doubt our fan base would be upset with Chizik if a better school contacts him and he were to say that. Something tells me if he decided to turn it down and continue being our coach he would be welcomed back with open arms.

So, if you were actively looking for another job but did not yet have one lined up and your boss asked you if you were content you would tell him..."as a matter of fact, I've been looking for a new job and as soon as I can find one I am out of here".

Yeah, right, I believe that!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I will now officially pull for Iowa and Ohio State to beat Michigan.

The coach telling tall tales the same day does not impress most people.

Petrino showed up to accept his ArkySuey job almost at midnight.

RichR had talked many Floridan kids to go way up to WVU to play and now he leaves them. The talent level for recruting to WVU lies far to the east and to their south. That team may sink back to normal recruiting.

Help Support Us

Become a patron