RECRUITING: Shakur Juiston commits to UNLV (Part Two)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
when stuff like this happens, who cares. Kid doesnt care about winning or playing in the tournament or being coached well to become better..... That much is obvious given the school he went to. So now knowing that, I dont care we didnt get him.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonefam

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Here's the biggest irony from me. Prohm visits mom to convince her he'll be well cared for in Ames and he signs in sin city.

Seems like we are Charlie Brown trying to kick the football. Until proven wrong I'm just going to assume we lose out on every drawn out commitment process.

Maybe it was just a last minute hail mary attempt because Prohm had heard he was leaning towards UNLV

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Yeah, I've seen that too. The quote was "Hookers are legal there" or something to that effect.

That is incorrect and I was trying to make the point that when a recruit chooses another school because the other school obviously did something illegal (which is the ONLY reason anyone would choose another school over my dear 'ol alma mater) then we should be exact on what we accuse them of. SINCE UNLV obviously got him "hookers" on his visit to Vegas then it was not only against NCAA rules, but it was against the law UNLESS they drove him at least 1.25 hours away.

I think we are arguing 2 separate points here and I am correct on the legality point. Now, if you want to discuss the true intention of my post....

Maybe I forgot this...;)

Yeah, when I was in California I had a couple coworkers go to Pahrump. They made like appointments and all.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Maybe we should just look at the glass as being half full. We didn't get him, but this is probably the second best scenario - nobody of interest got him, either. It's better than him playing for our competition, and also better than if we had to hear about his greatness at some non-competitor that has games that we'd watch. Now it's almost like he never really existed.
This. While I am upset that SJ did NOT commit to us, I guess I'd rather have him play for a team like a DePaul or UNLV - who are probably not going to make the NCAA tourney (based upon a decade or more of history) - than someone else in our league or an NCAA qualifying team that we could possibly match up with in the tourney.

• Agree
Reactions: CyHans

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Maybe we should just look at the glass as being half full. We didn't get him, but this is probably the second best scenario - nobody of interest got him, either. It's better than him playing for our competition, and also better than if we had to hear about his greatness at some non-competitor that has games that we'd watch. Now it's almost like he never really existed.

That's fair. But its fresh, and we were given signs we stood well with him, so I think its also okay that it takes a few messages/vents/discussion and people will move on in a day or two. On to the next. Vaughn memory comes out now and then, but its not like we spend much time talking about him. This too shall pass.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
We should have all chipped in on a Vacation for CW.

We all know good things happen when CW is on vacation.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Here's the biggest irony from me. Prohm visits mom to convince her he'll be well cared for in Ames and he signs in sin city.

Seems like we are Charlie Brown trying to kick the football. Until proven wrong I'm just going to assume we lose out on every drawn out commitment process.

I for one think we're fortunate to have a coach who cares enough about kids to do something like that. It was plain last season the emotion(s) on display during the postseason, and on senior night, were very real.

Not to mention he can coach, too.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Quote from Randy Peterson's column in the DMR this morning...

"Juiston, according to people familiar with the process, was getting tugged every which way. Although Cyriak predicted either the Cyclones or Jayhawks would be the winner, Juiston’s AAU people were strongly backing UNLV."

Hmmmm...interesting...

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...-changes-iowa-states-hoops-outlook/306966001/

It also says that this kid didn't even have the courtesy to give Coach Prohm a call and let him know his decision.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
It also says that this kid didn't even have the courtesy to give Coach Prohm a call and let him know his decision.
That's pretty crappy.
Somebody on a KU board said the AAU coach is known as a pre-professional agent. That sounds about right.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Also telling that Juiston stopped responding to Randy and then when Randy finally reached the JUCO coach, the JUCO coach now didn't want to talk about anything to do with his recruitment. Before the JUCO coach had a lot to say and seemed to be involved. Then nothing. That tells me he wasn't too happy with how Juiston ended up handling things or with something that went down.
I think Prohm and Juiston stopped following each other pretty fast on twitter for what that is worth.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
That's fair. But its fresh, and we were given signs we stood well with him, so I think its also okay that it takes a few messages/vents/discussion and people will move on in a day or two. On to the next. Vaughn memory comes out now and then, but its not like we spend much time talking about him. This too shall pass.
The UNLV thing worked great for Vaughn. He was drafted where he would have been drafted had he gone to any school and the UNLV pro-style offense has allowed him to be a complete bust through two years in the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron