Recruit List (Online Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Blair Kerkhoff (sp?) a KC Star reporter was on 810 here yesterday. Was very complimentary regarding Drew's "salesman" qualities when away from an interview setting. Apparently, he is very much a preacher and that's what these kids are buying. That and the cash I'm sure he's handing out as well.

"Playing at Baylor is doing God's work, son - and God pays well!"

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
Was interesting to see Friedman pull the trigger for Northern Iowa before the July live period... Seemed like a kid that could make some waves if he came out strong this month. Solid get for the Panthers and I'm sure we'll be hearing of him while we play against them in the coming years...

Been busy and haven't been able to update the rankings on all of the recruit lists and their profiles quite yet. Hopefully will accomplish that over the next few days (slowly but surely).

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
I have a source of Ted himself saying he has decided to be a Panther. You can also check out his Twitter, as he announced it on there as well. He made the decision yesterday as it was his birthday...

BallSoHard4Cy

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I have a source of Ted himself saying he has decided to be a Panther. You can also check out his Twitter, as he announced it on there as well. He made the decision yesterday as it was his birthday...

I'm not discrediting your sources. for me, I'll just ask him myself :smile:

JCREEK

Jan 14, 2010
dsm
he is a panther but did not have an ISU offer anyway. uni beat creighton and a few other mid majors for him!

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
*crickets*

anyone think its quiet for the 1st saturday of the live period? I felt like we learned of ~6 offers/ interests on day 1 last summer... maybe I'm mis-remembering...

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
this might be why...

According to CBS' recruiting calendar, live period doesn't start until the 11th... I thought the NCAA calendar listed the 6th...

Spring/Summer event schedule - CBSSports

an excerpt:

OPEN PERIODS FOR COLLEGE COACHES: JULY 11-14, JULY 18-21, JULY 25-29

July 10-13
Reebok Breakout Challenge (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Hoop Group Elite Camp (Reading, Pa.)

July 10-15
Adidas Invitational (Indianapolis, Ind.)

July 12-15
Nike Global Challenge (Washington, D.C.)

July 13-15
Reebok Showdown Series Final (Philadelphia, Pa.)

July 14-15
Hoop Group Elite Team Camp (Reading, Pa.)

July 18-19
Hoop Group West Virginia Jam Fest (Morgantown, W.Va.)
Hoop Group Summer Classic East (King of Prussia, Pa.)

July 18-21
Nike EYBL Finals – Peach Jam (North Augusta, S.C.)

July 18-22
Under Armour Summer Jam (Milwaukee, Wisc.)
Peach State Summer Showcase (Aiken, S.C.)

July 18-23
AAU Super Showcase (Lake Buena Vista, Fla.)

July 24-30
AAU Nationals (Lake Buena Vista, Fla.)

July 25-30
Adidas Super 64 (Las Vegas, Nev.)

July 26-29

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Not listed on the CBS calendar, is the NY2LA Next Level Invitational (July 11 - 15) in Mequon, WI. Based on the teams, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of more of the staff present.

from NY2LASPORTS.COM - NEXT LEVEL INVITATIONAL ...

17U Teams – 56 teams - Full
TP Elite, Net Gain Sports, Wisconsin Swing (2), Milwaukee Rebels, Playground Elite (2), Wisconsin Playmakers (2), Kingdom Hoops Elite (2), Next Level Basketball (CO), Inland Empire, Ramey Basketball, SYF Players, Team NLP (2), Illinois Rising Stars (2), Peoria Irish, Minnesota Magic Elite (2), Dakota Schoolers (2), Minnesota Fury (3), Wisconsin Blizzard (4), Randolph Boys Club, Green Bay Gunners, Minnesota Select (2), Wisconsin Shooters (2), ECI Select), Wisconsin Starz Elite, Iowa Mavericks (3), Colorado Titans, South Dakota Heat, Wisconsin Jets, SW Minnesota Stars, Minnesota Comets (3), Wisconsin Wizards, Wisconsin Ballers Elite, HLC, WOTN, Rockford Wildcats, KC Outlaws, Flint Area Dream Team

Off the top of my head we have recent commits or interest in the bolded.
Net Gain Sports = Rashad Vaughn
Wisconsin Playmakers = Matt Thomas
South Dakota Schoolers = Zach Hanson

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
A lot of camps going on this weekend, but not a lot of recruiting news thus far... Perhaps we'll see a few stories of recruits we are interested in at the end of the weekend here, but wouldn't count on much. Next weekend we should see a lot of news break out with where coaches are, who we're watching and more...

Hope all you fanatics are ready!!

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
@alleyesonhoops:
Richie Lewis mentioned South Alabama *, Arkansas State, Penn State, Iowa State and Oakland has some of the schools he is hearing from

Read it online: Twitter / alleyesonuhoops: Richie Lewis mentioned Sou

New name - a '13 PG from Flint. Not the same HS as Morris, however.

Here is a blog with a mention (us and Lewis and a video): Video: Flint Northern class of 2013 player Richie Lewis | BallinMichigan

I'll be curious to see where, if anywhere this goes. Will we take another PG (true PG?) in this class?

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
@alleyesonhoops: Richie Lewis mentioned South Alabama *, Arkansas State, Penn State, Iowa State and Oakland has some of the schools he is hearing from Read it online: Twitter / alleyesonuhoops: Richie Lewis mentioned Sou New name - a '13 PG from Flint. Not the same HS as Morris, however.Here is a blog with a mention (us and Lewis and a video): Video: Flint Northern class of 2013 player Richie Lewis | BallinMichiganI'll be curious to see where, if anywhere this goes. Will we take another PG (true PG?) in this class?

I could see another combo guard who can play either point or off ball. I'd be surprised to see another true point though after Long and Morris.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
I could see another combo guard who can play either point or off ball. I'd be surprised to see another true point though after Long and Morris.

It's a bit early to know for sure, but I feel like Long and Morris could both be considered combos since they seem to both be able to score... And therefore maybe a more "true" PG is needed? Who knows, I'm thinking out-loud. Can't go wrong with a bunch of guys who can handle the ball AND score.

It's also interesting that (through Matt Thomas) Hoiberg has indicated that he thinks Thomas can play some PG. So maybe the idea is to have a lot of backcourt flexibility. As always, most of these D1 guys look good running things in HS. The creme rises to the top at the next level.

Also - a note about Lewis. As I look back through twitter feeds, he and Morris seem to be pretty good friends - plenty of chatter between the two.

Finally, If anyone is counting, that's three '13 "PGs" from Flint that we've been associated with: Morris, Watts, and Lewis.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Does Fred have something against players over 6'6"?

I think he's intimidated by people taller than him. Jk.

I think he is just going to try and have a Missouri-esque team, where we play 4 guards. They finished 3rd worst in the conference in rebounding but first in points scored. I would like to always see 2 solid rebounders in the lineup for us, but In Fred We Trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.