Real sad Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Hell I heard from a good source we were out of it as of almost a month ago.

Answer this simple question: By holding the event in the gymnasium, and not only inviting but many would say encouraging the local public to attend his announcement, would that lead the local populace to believe or disbelieve that he planned to choose the local university?
Didn't you just say that most people knew he wasn't coming here?

isunorth

Mar 3, 2009
Minneapolis
I think the thing that really gets me is that some of us were saying how different Harrison was from other kids his age that were being recruited. He isn't. To me he is no different than Collison, Lafrentz, and Heinrich.

Collison, LaFrentz, and Heinrich are completely different situations. Collison and Heinrich had a coach leave ISU during their recruiting. LaFrentz didn't practice with our team at our practice facility on a regular basis.

jberryma

Oct 5, 2006
You think he intended to dis ISU? You think mcdermott would have wanted ISU pulled off the list earlier? Not crap.

Yes I do. I know I would have rather than being strung along the entire time. I thought I heard he was supposed to have a great relationship with Coach Mac. He mentioned how great of a relationship with with Roy and Coach K but nothing about ISU. he didn't even really say anything nice about the university or the recruitment. I found it to be a slap in the face and I think Coach Mac and Coach Fennely probably did the same seeing their tweets.

fbomber

Apr 10, 2009
Originally Posted by cymonat
At least this part is correct, because he would have made that announcement in front of a gym full of Cyclone fans, not a gym full of Tarheel fans.
So then it was the decision and not the act, exactly. Now people can stop lying.

It was the act, along with the decision, that has everyone miffed.

It's not like he chose ISU in a gym full of tarheel fans, at Chapel Hill!

He invited the public of Ames, then picked UNC.

And showed that backwater **** royboy on the wall to inform OUR MEN'S HEAD BASKETBALL COACH that he wasn't coming to ISU.

Are you going to sit there and actually tell us that you're a REAL ISU FAN and NOT have a problem with that?!?!

Cy1969

Nov 3, 2009
Every single person here is singing a different tune if he goes through with the same production but chooses ISU instead. Every. Single. Person. So don't give me the crap about how it was all in how he did it and not his decision.

What the **** does that even mean???

Of course everyone would have been thrilled, excited, overjoyed, and whatever other term of happiness you want to use. That has not even debateable. It is a fact.

And you are right, barely, there are some people on here that are venting only because he didn't come here.

But if you aren't bright enough to realize where the majority of the anger is coming from then I can't help you.

If you think that there would have been half as many people in that gym had he not kept Iowa State on his "list," again, I can't help you.

If you don't understand that this kid played the game, and thoughtlessly, even callously, used Cyclone fans for his own purpose, then I can't help you.

isunorth

Mar 3, 2009
Minneapolis
Kind of a lot easier to say from the outside looking in though don't you think?

Of course it is. That's why I'm on here admitting there's a damn good possibility I make the same decision.

You still don't get it buddy. I'm cool with the decision. Disappointed, of course. But still cool with it. There's a lot of side stories here that go beyond HB picking what's arguably the best basketball program in the country.

Are you an Ames High student, by chance?

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
What the **** does that even mean???

Of course everyone would have been thrilled, excited, overjoyed, and whatever other term of happiness you want to use. That has not even debateable. It is a fact.

And you are right, barely, there are some people on here that are venting only because he didn't come here.

But if you aren't bright enough to realize where the majority of the anger is coming from then I can't help you.

If you think that there would have been half as many people in that gym had he not kept Iowa State on his "list," again, I can't help you.

If you don't understand that this kid played the game, and thoughtlessly, even callously, used Cyclone fans for his own purpose, then I can't help you.

My point is that people are only mad at the act because the act didn't lead to him choosing ISU. So they're fine with the act if he chooses the way they wanted him too. That's pretty lame in my opinion. Atleast be honest about it.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Of course it is. That's why I'm on here admitting there's a damn good possibility I make the same decision.

You still don't get it buddy. I'm cool with the decision. Disappointed, of course. But still cool with it. There's a lot of side stories here that go beyond HB picking what's arguably the best basketball program in the country.

Are you an Ames High student, by chance?
I was.

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
The reaction speaks for itself. What ever the intended reaction was is mute. The damage is done. Too bad for Barnes that he couldn't have it all... UNC, ISU as his **tch, and a **tch glad to be a **tch. He was getting the first two, never had the third. I think he'll only get the first from this point forward.

isunorth

Mar 3, 2009
Minneapolis
Saying he handled it poorly is reaaaaly stupid. Nobody outside this website has problems with how he handled it.

Did you read anything else on the internet today?

Barnes burned bridges with some other coaches on that list today, too. That's been made pretty apparent.

Andy Katz went so far as to say one of the coaches blames ESPN for this.

ChickenWing

Dec 22, 2008
Des Moines
Wow, you just don't get it. ISU fans don't think ISU is a second rate university. We have great pride in our university and don't need the charity. ISU is bigger than Barnes will ever be... does he think it's an honor for ISU to be included in his top 6 and then stubbed in person. What an inflated ego if that's true. Barnes handled this poorly. The proof is in the reaction by ISU and it's fan base. Had he handled this well this argument wouldn't exist. It's that simple.

You seem to think 25 people on a message board represents how all of ISU and it's fan base feel. He was in a position where he couldn't make everyone happy. Didn't say anything about a 2nd rate university, but you are crazy if you think we are a first rate bball program so any publicity associated to the #1 recruit in the country is good as far as future recruiting goes. I'm sorry, maybe I didn't realize we've been going to the sweet 16 the past couple years...

Jan 16, 2009
Ames, IA
Obviously other coaches felt that way! The whole reason everybody went is because nobody had a clue where he was going. A lot of coaches clearly thought they had chances. He can only chose 1 school.

isunorth

Mar 3, 2009
Minneapolis
Obviously other coaches felt that way! The whole reason everybody went is because nobody had a clue where he was going. A lot of coaches clearly thought they had chances. He can only chose 1 school.

Wow. Is that really how it works? Thanks, Captain Obvious.

The other coaches would not talk to Andy Katz and say they blame ESPN for picking another school. How often do you hear a college basketball coach complain openly to the press about someone picking another school? It was clearly the whole production they found to be unbecoming. Much like everyone on this board.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Wow. Is that really how it works? Thanks, Captain Obvious.

The other coaches would not talk to Andy Katz and say they blame ESPN for picking another school. How often do you hear a college basketball coach complain openly to the press about someone picking another school? It was clearly the whole production they found to be unbecoming. Much like everyone on this board.
You have a link to that article?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron