Real sad Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreCowbell

Apr 23, 2009
Have some fond memories living there, but only because it was college years. Face it...there's not much going on otherwise.

I'll take it easy on Ames if you're reasonable enough to admit that you can't completely separate the "Ames public" from the university community. Be honest...they're not mutually exclusive.
University location or not, if people didn't like it there, they wouldn't live there. If you didn't like it up in the cities, you probably would live elsewhere, correct?

Yes, the Ames community benefits from having the University, but there are plenty of people not remotely associated with Iowa State who choose to make Ames their home.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Ames High will slip back into obscurity once HB is gone. No more strangers coming to high school basketball games.

Are you doing the best for your high school?
Sour grapes.

You really are a very poor example of what most people would want ISU fans to be though.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
University location or not, if people didn't like it there, they wouldn't live there. If you didn't like it up in the cities, you probably would live elsewhere, correct?

Yes, the Ames community benefits from having the University, but there are plenty of people not remotely associated with Iowa State who choose to make Ames their home.

Revkah and I aren't directly affiliated, but we love living here.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
I love ISU but never could really stand the Ames locals. Also, the City of Ames treats ISU students like absolute crap, but loves all that extra money they get to play with for hardly any services offered.

I also love being reminded of why I couldn't stand most Ames students.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I love ISU but never could really stand the Ames locals. Also, the City of Ames treats ISU students like absolute crap, but loves all that extra money they get to play with for hardly any services offered.
Ah yes, if this thread was missing anything, it was politics.

isunorth

Mar 3, 2009
Minneapolis
Sour grapes.

You really are a very poor example of what most people would want ISU fans to be though.

Sour grapes? Because you had a good basketball team for a few years? Seriously, you need to get out of Ames and leave your high school fantasy behind.

Anyone who can blindly support Barnes in this whole deal is a disgrace as well.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Sour grapes?
Because you're obviously still a little emotional that he didn't choose ISU. Although I'm starting to question whether or not you actually like ISU. So I'm confused.

akclone

Bookie
Nov 28, 2006

I also love being reminded of why I couldn't stand most Ames students.

as a local and a student I have been on both sides. Neither are perfect.
I am curious about the services comment tho.

isunorth

Mar 3, 2009
Minneapolis
Because you're obviously still a little emotional that he didn't choose ISU. Although I'm starting to question whether or not you actually like ISU. So I'm confused.

Dude. This conversation is over. If you don't get it by now, you never will. Decision - cool. Conduct today and in the past - not cool.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
You need to wake up if you think this is true.
Someone who isn't from Ames wouldn't understand. That's apparently most of the problem, out of towners who stop by to go to ISU and don't care about Ames. But yes, this was an Ames High event. I'd love to hear how you think it was an ISU event though.

MoreCowbell

Apr 23, 2009
I only come back for ISU. Not to eat at Hickory Park and shop at Hy-Vee.
But there are plenty of people who DO. Just because you live in the cultural mecca that is Minneapolis and think of Ames as a little pissant Iowa town doesn't mean everyone else has to prescribe to your viewpoint. Just because someone has a different opinion than yours doesn't make them wrong.

Unless it's different than mine. Then you're all wrong. So there. Neener.

akclone

Bookie
Nov 28, 2006
Sour grapes? Because you had a good basketball team for a few years? Seriously, you need to get out of Ames and leave your high school fantasy behind.

Anyone who can blindly support Barnes in this whole deal is a disgrace as well.

Ames will still have a good team this year and probably not lose a game. I dont blindly support HB here, I was mad as hell when he announced UNC. I just dont see what good it does to be ****** at him.

I also hope UNC loses every game from now until the end of time.

Cytaki

Feb 21, 2008
Nomad
I'm going to be real honest, hearing the type of posts saying people are going to root against Harrison and/or that he used us, makes me ashamed to be associated with a group of Cyclones who would think like that. I understand you are upset. I wish he was a Cyclone right now too. Do I totally agree that he shouldn't have invited the whole city, yes I do. But I think they saw this as a chance for the community to rally around a kid's chance to play big time college basketball.

But the overall message is that Harrison Barnes made the decision that he thought was best for himself. Could he have won a national championship at Iowa State? Yes, he could have. Does he have a lot better shot to win one at North Carolina? Yes, no doubt. Do I believe he led us on? It is what you make of it. Did it give us Cyclone fans hope? Yes. Do I think it was false hope? No, not necessarily. I think it has been said that we had a lot better chance than some people wanted to give us. So lets move on with our lives but don't hate on a kid because he chose another school and because he supposedly made you believe he was going to choose ISU. You made the choice to believe that, he didn't make that choice for you.

So, Go Cyclones! We seem to have a hell of a team to rally around, so lets get excited ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron