Not open for further replies.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Squirrel_.jpg
The feeder that holds the peanuts for the red-bellied woodpecker is on a pole mounted to the railing on our balcony. It has a squirrel baffle on it. The other day I saw a squirrel leap from the roof to the top of the feeder. I'm running out of ways to stop the little buggers!
See my earlier post about pepper sauce.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The flying part would be cool. Sadly, we did find a non-flying squirrel stuffed in the feeder and mowing down on a couple of occasions. After some failed interventions, I started mixing the bird seed with pepper sauce before putting it out there. That seems to have slowed down the cursed tree rat. And yes, I am a horrible person, and there are websites out there that suggest squirrels encountering pepper sauce might scratch their own eyeballs out. Don't care!

If you like squirrels, and I don't, I wouldn't recommend Googling squirrels and bike collisions especially the squirrels in spokes part. :eek: I hit one once but it didn't get in the spokes or chain.

I am thinking about putting a sheet metal band around my crabapple so they won't be climbing it. They have worn a path through my groundcover getting to the tree.

• Funny
Reactions: JMA1125

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
@CycloneErik, if you get a chance go to the baylor fan board and go the politics forum and read the The Tubman 20 thread. It seemed to me that there were some hot takes on the civil war in that thread. (mainly all by one poster)

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Since I am not above self-deprecating posts....50 years ago today.

61629612_10214385332854736_7760982676688863232_n.jpg

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
If you like squirrels, and I don't, I wouldn't recommend Googling squirrels and bike collisions especially the squirrels in spokes part. :eek: I hit one once but it didn't get in the spokes or chain.

I am thinking about putting a sheet metal band around my crabapple so they won't be climbing it. They have worn a path through my groundcover getting to the tree.
This guy has experience with some rodents...
Bill-Murray-Caddyshack-gopher.jpg

As for me, I detest tree rats, in case that wasn't abundantly clear.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I may have a good number of you beat with the birds you see out your window. We got a heron. Wish I could upload a pic, but haven't been able to from my phone to here.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! Has fun with my parents visiting, hadn't seen them in awhile. Probably the best non-birthday gift I got was a bracelet that was my grandpa's, who I never met. It's silver and looks like a medical ID bracelet, but it just has his name and, we think, his army ID number. I think it's really cool.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Thanks for the birthday wishes, guys!

I hope everyone had a good memorial day. Parents came up which was fun and they helped me get plants and get a garden set up on my balcony. As long as I can keep stuff alive it should be fun gardening this summer

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I may have a good number of you beat with the birds you see out your window. We got a heron. Wish I could upload a pic, but haven't been able to from my phone to here.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! Has fun with my parents visiting, hadn't seen them in awhile. Probably the best non-birthday gift I got was a bracelet that was my grandpa's, who I never met. It's silver and looks like a medical ID bracelet, but it just has his name and, we think, his army ID number. I think it's really cool.
I put phone pics on FB (private setting, only me), then I copy & paste to CF.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
@coolerifyoudid hope you're safe. That tornado down there looks naaasssssty.

Thanks. We are safe here.

Sucker was half a mile to a mile wide. First hit about 15 miles west of us, then as well about 7 miles north of us. It landed, did a bunch of damage and then came down, did more damage and then one more time about 20 miles further.

It did some damage at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. Linwood,KS took a big hit. Just seeing some damage pics now. Some huge trees absolutely wiped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron