Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Can't tell what's going on with that mini picture. Hail?
Yep. I couldn’t attach the normal size. Kid had to take it. I put down my window (in under bank drive thru) and hail was bouncing off the pickup next to us, then hitting the ATM, and then hitting my window. When the hail is coming from the west don’t sit under an overhang that covers the east half of your vehicle.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
No. It was at home. 29 miles south. Farm got best a sprinkle.

Well a sprinkle is probably better than the hail? spotty showers around me today. Nothing near me, a nice rain if you happened to be in the right spot probably a couple of tenths.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Well a sprinkle is probably better than the hail? spotty showers around me today. Nothing near me, a nice rain if you happened to be in the right spot probably a couple of tenths.
We got home from Armstrong about 4 hours after the hail and we still had hail banks around our bushes, patio furniture, and other stuff.

• Dislike
  • Informative
Reactions: VeloClone and NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

I actually dragged out a sprinkler and watered the hostas and pachysandra ground cover tonight. Might be a first for May.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Supposed to be more rain on the way. I assume it will part as it approaches Omaha as it seems to do most of the time.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Supposed to be more rain on the way. I assume it will part as it approaches Omaha as it seems to do most of the time.
I haven’t made the farm yet, but since the snow flurries part around April tenth. I’ve had just over a tenth of rain there. Ground is hard. At home, had close to an inch before yesterday’s heavy downpour and hail. Streets were half covered with rushing water. I wish they were reversed.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Heard chainsaws all Friday and Saturday from backside neighbors. Both are apparently in hate mode with trees. Second one dropped a bunch of branches on our property. (These people wanted to sue us when they found out I did t have to hire a surveyor to show the property lines, we have an electric pole that shows the divide on the north).

the property infringers are the garage smoker and drinkers. Now they did do something this time, he came out and watched their relatives do all the work. Chainsaw guy just showed up now. He took 4 branches and left. There is a mess back there. This guy was supposed to be maintenance at ISU, I feel concerned for ISUs buildings when I find out he doesn’t know how to do basic repairs that a beginning maintenance guy would need to know to get hired.

Last edited:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
We got home from Armstrong about 4 hours after the hail and we still had hail banks around our bushes, patio furniture, and other stuff.
Sounds like you got a lot. I still have trees with dead branches on their west side from a hail storm several years ago. They sent a snowplow down our street after someone got momentarily stuck in the haildrift* on our curve.

*I just invented a new word.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I haven’t made the farm yet, but since the snow flurries part around April tenth. I’ve had just over a tenth of rain there. Ground is hard. At home, had close to an inch before yesterday’s heavy downpour and hail. Streets were half covered with rushing water. I wish they were reversed.
Except the hail on your crops would have been double plus ungood.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
So the tattoo I got on my 18th birthday was supposed to be like a raised tattoo? So you can feel it distinctly if you rub it. But it never raised, so I was just like, whatever, I paid $80 for it.

Now, at the age of 38, it suddenly just raised today? And I’m too terrified to try to figure out what that means for me and my future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron