Help: Question about Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
What do the Darker colored blocks of Rep mean? I see them mostly on those with lots of rep.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
at one time you could received negative rep if someone disagreed with your post. The negative rep was removed and only positive rep can be given. Those that have red or dark colored rep have accumulated a lot of negative rep when it was around and have not be able to get positive rep for posts to put them in the positive...

If you see someone that STILL has negative rep... take their posts with a grain of salt .... there is a pattern of crappy posts.

-keep.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
at one time you could received negative rep if someone disagreed with your post. The negative rep was removed and only positive rep can be given. Those that have red or dark colored rep have accumulated a lot of negative rep when it was around and have not be able to get positive rep for posts to put them in the positive...

If you see someone that STILL has negative rep... take their posts with a grain of salt .... there is a pattern of crappy posts.

-keep.
This is pure BS because there hasn't been negative rep since I've joined and I have dark colored rep.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

-keep.

So you got dark blocks when you received negative rep, but they don't go away even with more positiv rep?

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX

The OP is asking why there are lighter and darker colored green blocks...

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
This is pure BS because there hasn't been negative rep since I've joined and I have dark colored rep.

let me clarify... if you have red showing in your rep line.

and no, that wasn't pure BS.

-keep.

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
The OP is asking why there are lighter and darker colored green blocks...

gotcha... thanks.

I thought he was talking about red (being darker looking than green) as I have seen a few posters post recently that have never gotten out of their neg rep hole.

-keep.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Aren't the brighter green squares for how much rep you have available to give? I'm not sure, but that's what I thought it was.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I always enjoy a good catfight, but might somebody be able to answer the question about the lighter and darker green blocks? It kind of has my curiosity peaked now...

Status
Not open for further replies.