Potential MBB Transfers

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
14792771.jpg

lol that is almost avatar worthy. That picture is pure gold.

mbbone

Jan 4, 2010
With playing time like that available, I think I will head out to the driveway now to practice. What position does a short, slow, middle-aged guy with no hops that can't shoot play?

I'm so sorry to have to tell you this way, but I think you've exhausted your eligibility.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Subtle or not, there is a difference between using thugs to rebuild, and using "second-chance" guys.

Ya, I have no idea what kind of kids these Purdue guys are, but I would have to see more than just one bar fight before I put them squarely in the thug category.

Last edited:

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
Aren't transfers still on scholarship even in their transfer year? Meaning we don't have any room for anybody next year anyway?

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Aren't transfers still on scholarship even in their transfer year? Meaning we don't have any room for anybody next year anyway?

This is correct as of now and in fact, I think we need another scholarship to open up for Naz Long. However, basketball teams have attrition typically. I would not at all be surprised if we lost 1-2 of our current players before next year.

Railey and Sledge seem to be possibilities.

zwclones51

Aug 4, 2010
West Des Moines
Otzelberger was asked about the point guard situation next year on the Coaches show last night and found it interesting that he mentioned Korie, Bubu, and a high schooler he couldn't talk about. (Naz Long). He never mentioned Sledges name til another called in and asked about it.

Could very well be that he just forgot Sledge or do you think he may know something?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Otzelberger was asked about the point guard situation next year on the Coaches show last night and found it interesting that he mentioned Korie, Bubu, and a high schooler he couldn't talk about. (Naz Long). He never mentioned Sledges name til another called in and asked about it.

Could very well be that he just forgot Sledge or do you think he may know something?

Well, he didn't mention Aaron Law either and he's a point guard too.:spinny:

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Naz is not a verbal, he definitely signed his LOI. Maybe we have a silent commit or Otz just made a mistake?

I'm pretty sure I've read on here that Naz has NOT signed an LOI.

Here it is:
Iowa State head men's basketball coach Fred Hoiberg wants Long to continue the trend, as the 6-4, 195-pounder from Mississauga, Ontario signed a financial aid agreement to attend Iowa State this morning.

Naz Long Makes It Official - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports