Potential MBB Transfers

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Kelsey Barlow is not worth a roster spot especially if he has to sit our a year just to play a year

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
This story may pertain to ISU, but only because we are competing with Purdue for a tourney spot, not because they are going to transfer here.

I would expect that neither Illinois nor Purdue will make the tourney now.

SNEDDS3

Apr 1, 2010
Boone, IA
I think it's going to have to be a pretty damn impressive transfer for us to go after them at this point. We have actual recruits now.

Reactions: Wesley

LegendofRodA

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2011
Des Moines
Barlow would being playing in Hoiberg's 4th year, not 2nd.

This. I am not saying that we are too good for transfers now or anything, but I can see only 2 reasons Fred would go that route.

1. The guy is an elite talant.
2. We become a victim of the transfer system again (which I doubt) and lose several players.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I think it's going to have to be a pretty damn impressive transfer for us to go after them at this point. We have actual recruits now.

Don't be so sure we won't take 1-2. We lose a lot after next year, so if we were to lose say Railey and Sledge this year and there was an extra ride available, I could see us taking another transfer, particularly if a big man is available, to set us up for 2013, when we'll have to replace:

Babb, Booker, Clyburn, Lucious, McGee and quite possibly Royce.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
14792771.jpg

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Don't be so sure we won't take 1-2. We lose a lot after next year, so if we were to lose say Railey and Sledge this year and there was an extra ride available, I could see us taking another transfer, particularly if a big man is available, to set us up for 2013, when we'll have to replace:

That is a load of talent to replace right there.

CyberJJJ

Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA

With playing time like that available, I think I will head out to the driveway now to practice. What position does a short, slow, middle-aged guy with no hops that can't shoot play?

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
With playing time like that available, I think I will head out to the driveway now to practice. What position does a short, slow, middle-aged guy with no hops that can't shoot play?
Fan position mostly :yes:

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
Subtle or not, there is a difference between using thugs to rebuild, and using "second-chance" guys.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com

You'll have to beat me out for the position!

I'm also middle-aged, but I have a little speed/quickness, I'm semi-non-short and shoot nearly 40 percent when unguarded inside of 9 feet.

Downsides: My once-competent vertical leap has regressed to roughly 4 inches; physically reliable only for 3-minute stretches.

:smile:

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio

Are you Lickliters kid? Then PG for Iowa

Help Support Us

Become a patron