Petition to ban Hawks from "cyclone" fanatic

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I personally agree. I can't stand having them around. Ever. They are generally despicable humans and I don't need them clogging up our little corner of cyber space.

Dude... I hate playing the "they have more post then you/been here longer" card, but that's exactly what I'm going to do. You have been here what??? Five days???

Just let it go people. Most of the people complaining are the newbies that found the site after it was mentioned on Channel 13. I would rather have "you people" gone, then the Hawk fans that we are all used to by now and actually can carry a conversation with.

I challenge everyone complaining about the Hawk fans here to have an honest conversation with one of them. You will realize even though they don't cheer for us, they aren't exacty **** wads. They contribute to other discussions besides In-state rival forumns.

Thinking about it.... They "So-called Cyclone" fans here are the ones that create 99% of the Iowa Threads. I can't remember many Iowa threads started by Southern, DJK, Miller, or Tarheel.

If we stop making Iowa Threads, maybe they wouldn't post as much.... Just a thought... Kinda the opposite of "if you build it, they will come"

Reactions: BvK1126

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
I personally agree. I can't stand having them around. Ever. They are generally despicable humans and I don't need them clogging up our little corner of cyber space.

Yes, because rooting for their team releases some chemical hormone in their body that makes them despicable humans. Grow up.

motorCYcle

Jun 18, 2008
Ames, Iowa
Let me help Chipper...ISUFan22 has an obsession with me not liking the hawks. He man crushes on me all the time about it. It's okay for him to post his opinion on anything and everything....but he gets a little tummy ache when I do. I actually find it quite flattering....and ironic.

I know I'm way late with this but I didn't see this post before
I was thinking it could be 22's new avatar...but I like the current one too much.
untitled.jpg

Reactions: CYVADER and dosry5

VanderHuge

Jan 6, 2009
North Liberty, IA
Yes, because rooting for their team releases some chemical hormone in their body that makes them despicable humans. Grow up.

I said generally. I live in the middle of these people & I get so sick of everyone around here talking down to me because I'm a Cyclone. Screw them, I don't need any of them.

Also I know I've only been signed up for 5 days but I've been reading for over a year. I used to only post on ESPN but I've decided to expand my reign of terror :biglaugh:

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I was going to say that I enjoy having new posters, remembering that all of us were new once, and then I saw that avatar:wideeyed::no:

Now I'm on the fence about new posters, mostly because this reminds me of the days living in that van. Down by the river.

Rough days down there? Hopefully you weren't selling your body for money either.:biglaugh:

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I said generally. I live in the middle of these people & I get so sick of everyone around here talking down to me because I'm a Cyclone. Screw them, I don't need any of them.

Also I know I've only been signed up for 5 days but I've been reading for over a year. I used to only post on ESPN but I've decided to expand my reign of terror :biglaugh:

Well damn... An "ESPN" poster... I'm feel so small posting with someone that has posted on such a site like that. Let me guess, the posters on that are just a step above the people that post on Desmoinesregister.com

I guess I'm scum only posting on CF and the now defuncted Political Fanatic.

My point of what I said, Hawk fans really aren't the problem. Trust me, I hate the team and some of their fans as much as anyone else. Not every single one of them are that way, and we probably have the best bunch of them on this site. And if they are on here to only cause trouble, they will get banned. Just like some have before in the past, and just like so called cyclone fans have been.

Hey just like I learned in life... Before and above being fans of any teams. We are all humans and we all have to live here together. Might as well accept them for who they are.

VanderHuge

Jan 6, 2009
North Liberty, IA
Did I imply that you were scum for posting here? I was just letting you know that I've been reading this site for a while just not posting here. I chose to only post on ESPN but now I'm branching out. What's the big problem with that? I may feel more welcomed if I was a squawk.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Well damn... An "ESPN" poster... I'm feel so small posting with someone that has posted on such a site like that. Let me guess, the posters on that are just a step above the people that post on Desmoinesregister.com

I guess I'm scum only posting on CF and the now defuncted Political Fanatic.

My point of what I said, Hawk fans really aren't the problem. Trust me, I hate the team and some of their fans as much as anyone else. Not every single one of them are that way, and we probably have the best bunch of them on this site. And if they are on here to only cause trouble, they will get banned. Just like some have before in the past, and just like so called cyclone fans have been.

Hey just like I learned in life... Before and above being fans of any teams. We are all humans and we all have to live here together. Might as well accept them for who they are.

Good post. I enjoy several of the Hawk fans. It adds flavor to the site:yes:

BvK1126

Apr 12, 2007
Denver, CO
Did I imply that you were scum for posting here? I was just letting you know that I've been reading this site for a while just not posting here. I chose to only post on ESPN but not I'm branching out. What's the big problem with that?
There's no problem. It's just that it doesn't buy you any additional credibility. You've still only been posting here for what - two days or something? Most of the Hawk posters around here have been at CF for quite a while and have proven themselves to be "good citizens." We may not all agree with their rooting preferences, but most add a good balance of perspectives to this site that I think is valuable. Like others have already said, the trolls are quickly banned. The ones with something worthwhile to say have earned themselves a place here.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Did I imply that you were scum for posting here? I was just letting you know that I've been reading this site for a while just not posting here. I chose to only post on ESPN but now I'm branching out. What's the big problem with that? I may feel more welcomed if I was a squawk.

Just saying you may feel more welcomed if you didn't just come to a site and call out people who have been here longer then you have posted or even looked at the site.

It's not that hard.... I will respect what you say, no matter how many posts, if you contribute. But coming on this site and within five days calling out Hawk posters and favoring them being banned for no reason other then "you not liking them" and calling them names probably won't fly.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Caught me! how do i donate credits so I can ban myself. When people like Jon miller give us our breaking news I know this site is infected with hawkeye cancer. I come here to hide from hakws "cyclonefanatic" if the owners werent so interested in donations they'd been gone a while ago.

This has been covered (and obviously isn't an issue anymore considering the self "banning"), but a few things:

1) Not sure if you knew this, but credits aren't actual money. To reference your intended jab at Brianhos on the first page - I'm not sure what his number of credits has to do with his opinion not to ban Hawks. Credits are earned via betting, so... yeah.

2) Jon does a great job, but when's the last time he gave us breaking news about Cyclone sports?

3) Yeah, your running off at the mouth about the site administrators shows how little you actually know about this site. Seeing as how this site does not charge you to register/post (as most sites do), but instead operates at a loss most of the time, the amount of money donated by all of the combined Hawk posters in an entire year might cover the server expenses for about a day or two.

Reactions: C.John

Help Support Us

Become a patron