Oyster Joins Staff - Official

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
At Rice, Oyster designed and implemented comprehensive year-round speed, strength and conditioning programs for baseball and assisted in the same role for the Owl football program. Oyster was on the staff of three Rice teams that qualified for the College World Series.

sweet maybe he can double up his duties at iowa state too. help get us back to the college world series.

on a serious note, i have seen rice play in omaha (cws) the last few years... their ball team are some big boys. not sure what this means for football, but rice baseball players were big strong dudes.

JDDCy

Jul 1, 2006
Any thoughts on Oyster from the S&C guys? I remember a pretty good discussion awhile back debating the strengths and weaknesses of different coaching styles. Most of the CF S&C experts were ready for Shep to move on. How does Oyster compare to Becton?

bfross

Apr 10, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Not sure if this has been posted in a past thread but here is a link talking about some of the improvements the Rice football players made under McKnight and Oyster. Hopefully they start a Night of the Iron Cyclone event.

Scout.com: Night Of The Iron Owl

Maybe it was just assumed that he would do the same thing because I can't find the article, but I think I remember reading somewhere that McKnight had already mentioned he would open the lifting up to the public for an event like that at ISU.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Re: Clayton Oyster Joins Staff - Official

Clayton Oyster. I had to look inside to see if he had a first name...I was hoping it wasn't "Rockefeller", let alone a nickname like "Crackers". Well, hopefully some of the big linemen will start coming out of their shell, and start mussellin--er, muscling defenses around. :biggrin:

Cyznutz

Jan 6, 2009
Illinois
Any thoughts on Oyster from the S&C guys? I remember a pretty good discussion awhile back debating the strengths and weaknesses of different coaching styles. Most of the CF S&C experts were ready for Shep to move on. How does Oyster compare to Becton?

I'd take Oyster or a blind miget over Becton!

CYCL0NE1

Jan 22, 2009
Waukee
Re: Clayton Oyster Joins Staff - Official

Clayton Oyster. I had to look inside to see if he had a first name...I was hoping it wasn't "Rockefeller", let alone a nickname like "Crackers". Well, hopefully some of the big linemen will start coming out of their shell, and start mussellin--er, muscling defenses around. :biggrin:
Do you think this coach is an aphrodisiac? :wink:

Help Support Us

Become a patron