On That Note: First of May

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Start off with a throwback to the 90s. A cool ass song that I didn't find until just a few years ago.

School of Fish - 3 Strange Days

And another 90s tune. I actually bought this album and while it didn't have any other real singles it surprisingly held up as fun album.

Citizen King - Better Days

A 2001 song from a band that peaked in the 90s. But still a good song.

Stone Temple Pilots - Days of the Week

A soulful tune from a guy most people probably consider a one hit wonder, at least in the US. He's one funky white boy though.

Jamiroquai - Seven Days in Sunny June

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Start off with a throwback to the 90s. A cool ass song that I didn't find until just a few years ago.

School of Fish - 3 Strange Days

School of Fish is one of those groups in the "forgotten/lost" niche of late-80s/early-90s. That song still sounds fresh and I like the video (which is a style that perfectly fits that period).

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Talk about underrated. Unfortunately these guys just broke up, but they put out some good albums. Luckily one of my favorite songs of theirs fits the criteria for today. It's an almost 9 minute epic but it shreds.

Cloud Nothings - Wasted Days

This post is my all underrated team I think. Love this band and the album this song is from. A fun laid back indie rock tune

Whitney - Golden Days

A cool Indie Australian group who have had some great songs. I remember waiting for their LP to come out after their single Trojans hit.

Atlas Genius - 63 Days

And we'll throw in a jazz tune for good measure. I found this one because it's sampled on A Tribe Called Quests song "Luck of Lucien" and it's a great song in it's own right.

Billy Brooks - Fourty Days

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
School of Fish is one of those groups in the "forgotten/lost" niche of late-80s/early-90s. That song still sounds fresh and I like the video (which is a style that perfectly fits that period).

I don't even remember how I found it but I was like, "Where has this been my whole life?"
Extreme nostalgia in the video style for sure.

Reactions: cyclones500

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Oops I missed a "Days" song.

An English band who are bigger in the UK but barely charted in the colonies except for a few club songs

Kasabian - Days Are Forgotten

Reactions: Cydar and baller21

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I don't even remember how I found it but I was like, "Where has this been my whole life?"
Extreme nostalgia in the video style for sure.

Maybe it was this? :)

“On That Note: Hits That Time Forgot," April 2018 (post #14)

"I don't remember that School of Fish song at all, and I really love 90s music. I wonder if it hit just a little too early to be part of the "Grunge" era and just fell aside. I'm listening to their two albums now and I think I'll add some of their songs to my library. Good stuff."

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Maybe it was this? :)

“On That Note: Hits That Time Forgot," April 2018 (post #14)

"I don't remember that School of Fish song at all, and I really love 90s music. I wonder if it hit just a little too early to be part of the "Grunge" era and just fell aside. I'm listening to their two albums now and I think I'll add some of their songs to my library. Good stuff."

There ya go. Should have known it was one of these threads!

Reactions: cyclones500