On supporting The Mayor's decision and Iowa State basketball

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
These are the worst kind of posts. Glad you are so enlightened and above it all, but then why the hell are you on an ISU sports message board bothering to post about things you are obviously too good to care about, GTFO then.
You don't have to be "Take sports way too seriously" guy to post here.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclones01

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
He can certainly take other jobs and pursue other opportunities, but a neighboring rival school? That doesn't seem like something a loyal son forever true would ever do. If he were just another coach then fine, but with his history he isn't just another former coach.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
He can certainly take other jobs and pursue other opportunities, but a neighboring rival school? That doesn't seem like something a loyal son forever true would ever do. If he were just another coach then fine, but with his history he isn't just another former coach.
Just in case anyone was confused it is in fact not 2009 anymore so we don't play Nebraska.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I really don't care where he's at this point but ideally I wished he would have stayed in the NBA. I think the most irritating thing will be every game he wins, every recruit he gets, will be headlines here. I don't like the Big 10 for obvious reasons and that includes Nebraska. I'm behind CSP a 110%.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
These are the worst kind of posts. Glad you are so enlightened and above it all, but then why the hell are you on an ISU sports message board bothering to post about things you are obviously too good to care about, GTFO then.

Because Fred Hoiberg is a Cyclone Legend no matter where he coaches. He was a great Cyclone player, NBA player and coach who took ISU basketball to unprecedented levels. I won't apologize for being a loyal Cyclone fan since 1982.

IMO that is the sign of a REAL Cyclone fan. Not a bandwagon one. Signed founding fan of HILTON MAGIC.

mdclone

Nov 9, 2006
Iowa
Because Fred Hoiberg is a Cyclone Legend no matter where he coaches. He was a great Cyclone player, NBA player and coach who took ISU basketball to unprecedented levels. I won't apologize for being a loyal Cyclone fan since 1982.

IMO that is the sign of a REAL Cyclone fan. Not a bandwagon one. Signed founding fan of HILTON MAGIC.

That's all cool, glad to hear it. Of course that's not at all what you said in the original post. I do like though how you've gone from calling people small minded to now insinuating that anyone who doesn't like Fred going to nebby is not a 'REAL' Cyclone fan.

• Agree
Reactions: WooBadger18

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

Unprecedented levels is a stretch.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The whole premise of "supporting" him is weird to me. He's no personal friend of mine and I am not some kind of groupie that thinks he needs or wants my support. If he heads off to UCLA or something I won't begrudge him a good run although I'd likely be mostly indifferent. A good run if he went next door to Huskerland could possibly hurt ISU so I won't be indifferent to that, I'd have to wish for him to crash and burn. Legacy or no legacy, he bailed on us and he is now a competitor.

Last edited:

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

Crazy that such a loyal fan doesn't realize that 3 other coaches have had just as much success as Fred, one of those took ISU to the Elite Eight.

• Agree
Reactions: mynameisjonas

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron