On supporting The Mayor's decision and Iowa State basketball

L

LincolnWay187

Said it before and I’ll say it again. This whole situation just further shows Fred’s true colors. He’s not a legend. He doesn’t really give two s**ts about ISU, because his focus is Fred. This isn’t to say he’s a bad guy, he just doesn’t deserve legendary status.

I don’t hate him or like him any more than Tim Floyd, Larry Eustachy, or Wayne Morgan. But I certainly won’t wish him any success at Nebraska or any other school, because you know he’ll be right back in Iowa recruiting when he can. I sure didn’t like seeing Roy Williams take our best talent and wouldn’t like it any better with Fred.

It’s time for people to get over their crush on the guy. I swear, it’s like watching your best friend continue to chase the girl that keeps turning him down. Move on already!
Completely agree. He will be moved down from legend to noted alumni/former player. Moves like this don't earn guys statues outside the arena.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Don't worry I put the over/under of podcasts, articles, and tweets from this website at 4 per month telling us how happy we should be for him.

Dear lord I hope not. Hopefully @ChrisMWilliams article today about him getting hired is the end of it from CF writers, owners, management. I sure as hell don't donate to this website to hear about Husker sports. Fred found another multi million dollar job good for him, but I sure don't need any monthly updates. Hell I don't want the A.D. to even schedule a series with Nebby.

• Winner
Reactions: deadeyededric

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Dear lord I hope not. Hopefully @ChrisMWilliams article today about him getting hired is the end of it from CF writers, owners, management. I sure as hell don't donate to this website to hear about Husker sports. Fred found another multi million dollar job good for him, but I sure don't need any monthly updates. Hell I don't want the A.D. to even schedule a series with Nebby.

I'll drop my donation if we are still hearing about this next week.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
New rumor I heard, maybe it was here but I’m not searching all these threads and all these posts is Fred won’t announce until MSU is done. Doesn’t want to distract his son.
LOLing just because his son will only play if they are up 20 with a minute to go.

"Jack, man, focus....your layup line drills are off tonight!"

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
That would be a horrible decision. Leaving Mich St and coaching from Tom Izzo, for Nebraska.

What would it even matter? The kid never plays anyway. Not like he's getting coaching to develop him for the NBA.

cdfree

Sep 5, 2011
Evanston, IL
And this is dumb. And why the article, while well intentioned, was bad.

You want to protect Fred’s legacy? Ok. He was a great player, and did a great job as a coach. Just quit trying to pretend he was this pure angelic representation of Iowa State. He has gotten just as much out of his affiliation with the university than the fans, if not more.

Also that whole trying to leave for at least 3 years thing speaks volumes as well.
And this is dumb. And why the article, while well intentioned, was bad.

You want to protect Fred’s legacy? Ok. He was a great player, and did a great job as a coach. Just quit trying to pretend he was this pure angelic representation of Iowa State. He has gotten just as much out of his affiliation with the university than the fans, if not more.

Also that whole trying to leave for at least 3 years thing speaks volumes as well.

You think that Iowa State is better off with Steve Prohm than Fred Hoiberg as its basketball coach. As such, you have absolute **** for brains and there is no turning back.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
What would it even matter? The kid never plays anyway. Not like he's getting coaching to develop him for the NBA.
Well if he wants to follow his father’s footsteps and coach some day, learning from Izzo is pretty valuable.
Whether he actually gets coached or not is a moot point, when he’s actually at practice taking in a lot of information.
And if he doesn’t want to coach, maybe he would rather ride the pine at a top 10 school than a bottom 10.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
You think that Iowa State is better off with Steve Prohm than Fred Hoiberg as its basketball coach. As such, you have absolute **** for brains and there is no turning back.

As you’ve clearly demonstrated, you’re not in any way, shape, or form, intelligent. So the odds of you being able to comprehend the written word was pretty low to begging with.

But read what I wrote and try to understand it, get a dictionary for the big words if you need to.

Reactions: Acylum

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Jack is no threat to play at MSU. He might get minutes at NU. Some kids just want to get on the court, even if it is for a worse team.
That kid isn't good enough to play Division 1 basketball anywhere let alone in the Big 10. I have my doubts he could play at a good D2 program. If his name was Jack Smith this would be a lot easier for people to understand.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron