*** Official "Yikes" Postgame Thread ***

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Good news: I should be able to find cheap tickets to the game Saturday with everyone giving up.

Bad news: We don't know how to play against a zone defense.

Good news: we sucked on a night where it "doesn't matter." Hope we got it out of our system before the NCAA tournament.

Bad news: We won't get far in the Big XII tournament because even if we win, we'll play KU. Yuck.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
This board was clearly not prepared to handle a successful season.

Even the best teams, and we're right up there, lose to tourney teams on the road with regularity. That's the price of a conference this strong, and part of the struggle of having a good team. We can convince ourselves that these games don't happen, but they happen to everyone.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Really?? that's what bothers you? Not that Iowa St played like dog ****? Dunk away, those guys deserve a little humility. They are not above everyone else.

Yeah, it's what bothers me. Don't say Iowa State played bad, this is on Georges and Ejim trying to do everything when they shouldn't have even been on the court. Please oh please tell me where I put anyone above anyone else.

CurvedAir

Sep 30, 2012
Kansas City
Speaking of desperate teams, OSU might be at the top of the list with how badly they need a win Saturday for their tournament hopes. Add in preseason expectations and three NBA players looking for some redemption is not what we need to face in this last game. I'll be real curious to see the line against them.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I don't see this team doing much in the Big 12 tourney or the NCAA. I really don't.

We have to realize they are only 8-7 in their last 15 games. Nothing much to get too excited about.

Even with a win against Okie State Saturday, I don't think they will be any higher than a 5 seed at best and more likely they will be a 6 or 7 seed. They are not a very good team away from Hilton.

Wrong.

Jsievers24

Jan 8, 2014
Johnston, IA
This team still has the capability to beat anyone, however, we seem to get cocky at times and just straight up suck. Hopefully these losses will show our guys that we can't play cocky.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I don't see this team doing much in the Big 12 tourney or the NCAA. I really don't.

We have to realize they are only 8-7 in their last 15 games. Nothing much to get too excited about.

Even with a win against Okie State Saturday, I don't think they will be any higher than a 5 seed at best and more likely they will be a 6 or 7 seed. They are not a very good team away from Hilton.

Stupid. At best we are a 4, at worst a 6.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
This team can beat anyone but can also lose to anyone. That is an amazingly great and awfully terrible thing to be.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Really I don't think this team is much different than our previous 2 teams. Luckily this team started the year out faster so we will be able to avoid that 7-10 seed range.

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
Major? Lol no. These games have been huge for our opponents and not real important for us. Fred is certainly going to try to win them, but the real games start in a couple weeks. With that said, I think OSU is very important to get back some swagger.
That is galactically stupid.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA

Even the best teams, and we're right up there, lose to tourney teams on the road with regularity. That's the price of a conference this strong, and part of the struggle of having a good team. We can convince ourselves that these games don't happen, but they happen to everyone.

I understand where you are coming from. Baylor and KSU are tough. I was just asking a simple question if we play a 6-12 seed how hard is it going to be on the road. I guess said team will be on the road as well. It is just frustrating seeing this team struggle like this. Agreed I may have over reacted, but wanted to get some honest answers/thoughts.

AttakOfDaClones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Our performance away from Hilton this year has been poor and we did not look ready to play from the start of the game. We should be playing harder and with more confidence at this point in the season. We took a step back tonight.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Really I don't think this team is much different than our previous 2 teams. Luckily this team started the year out faster so we will be able to avoid that 7-10 seed range.

This team is different. It lacks a consistent 3 point threat.

Spam

May 21, 2008
Baylors length really affect the game and the fact they played in our guys face most night really affected the outcome. They just struggled moving the ball. Hats of to Scott Drew for figuring out how to use all the talent he has.

We did struggle moving the ball, but we missed several bunnies under the bucket. And some really lazy passes. Anyway, the level of concern should not be any less or more after this game.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Right now ISU is till looking at a 4 seed. A win against OSU Saturday will solidify that. A loss will drop ISU to at least a 5, and could be lower depending on what other teams do that are currently behind ISU, and what happens in the big 12 tournament.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Yep, Creighton and Syracuse got rolled tonight by worse teams than Baylor.

ChiClones

Jun 11, 2013
Chicagoland

Baylor wasn't, but is now...you're welcome

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Pathetic in the toughest conference in country.

Never said it was pathetic. I said it is not anything to get excited about, and it's not. So what if it is the toughest conference? ISU has been losing to teams tied with them or below them in the standings lately.

What concerns me the most though is not just that ISU is losing, but that they are looking bad doing it. When 2 of your 3 major stars do not perform well, any team is in trouble. They have to find some consistency, fast.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron