*** Official "Yikes" Postgame Thread ***

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Coming onto CF after a loss is a joke. We've seen that this time can play with the best of them. We haven't been playing our best basketball but the only game that hasn't been competitive is the WV game. This is what happens when you play in the hardest conference in basketball. Get over it people. It's not like our team's going to suck in the tourney all of a sudden. All your negativity is pointless.

Win or lose these last two I'd rather have 2 tough tests ahead of postseason rather than playing a couple of dead dogs.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
That Cherry is a ******* piece of **** dunking the ball when up 10. I really hope we meet Baylor again. I really do. What mother ******* piece of work.

I'm much more upset about our turnovers.

P.S. Baylor should be upset because Cherry made the dunk instead of giving it to a senior (Jefferson) who was right there.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
We played the entire first half without Niang and basically without Ejim. I'm disappointed, but satisfied with having a chance to win on the road with under 2 minutes to go.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
We simply are not that good. I wonder if we will ever be very good. When I say good I mean a final four team. I hope that Fred can do it but not sure it possible at Iowa State.

Interesting, when did we ever make a final 4 regularly? Name me teams that get to the Final 4 regularly? Amazing insight there.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Really?? that's what bothers you? Not that Iowa St played like dog ****? Dunk away, those guys deserve a little humility. They are not above everyone else.

Totally agree. If you don't want him to dunk there, don't play like **** for 39.5 minutes.

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
I was hoping to be a 2/3 seed for Big 12 tourney so we don't have to leave Des Moines early in the morning on Thursday but looks like I should be making arrangements to do so. That with playing #1 seed in 3rd round if we win doesn't bode well...worst position possible given we were in sole possession on 2nd place 4 days ago.

CloneDontCare

Jul 27, 2009
That isnt a team problem, if anything, Hoiberg should have sat them and run the offense through someone else.

Well I agree with that. I include the coach as "team problem." I was ranting on here with 10 minutes left to sit Ejim and Niang.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Baylors length really affect the game and the fact they played in our guys face most night really affected the outcome. They just struggled moving the ball. Hats of to Scott Drew for figuring out how to use all the talent he has.

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
Bad coaching. Bad playing. Pretty much bad everything tonight

Bad time of the year to get into this type of a funk. We had numerous opportunities to get back in this game tonight but our inside game was so horrible we just couldn't open up the offense even though we were pretty good hitting 3's. Fred just couldn't find the right line-up but I don't think Fred could of done anything to get these guys going. Ejim's birthday party last night just kicked everybody's legs tonight. I just don't get how bad we sucked tonight and this was a game we needed to win.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I don't see this team doing much in the Big 12 tourney or the NCAA. I really don't.

We have to realize they are only 8-7 in their last 15 games. Nothing much to get too excited about.

Even with a win against Okie State Saturday, I don't think they will be any higher than a 5 seed at best and more likely they will be a 6 or 7 seed. They are not a very good team away from Hilton.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
You can't say that with a straight face. On the road or not, the Cyclones are not executing consistently and that is a major concern.

Major? Lol no. These games have been huge for our opponents and not real important for us. Fred is certainly going to try to win them, but the real games start in a couple weeks. With that said, I think OSU is very important to get back some swagger.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Bad coaching. Bad playing. Pretty much bad everything tonight

Hate to admit it but you may be right re: coaching. We looked we never practiced against that zone. No one seemed to know where they were supposed to be or do.

on the bright side, looks like Long, Hogue, and Kane have found their stroke from outside. Even Thomas looked good.

I don't have a problem playing Baylor or K-State on KC. We will beat them on a more neutral court.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I don't see this team doing much in the Big 12 tourney or the NCAA. I really don't.

We have to realize they are only 8-7 in their last 15 games. Nothing much to get too excited about.

Even with a win against Okie State Saturday, I don't think they will be any higher than a 5 seed at best and more likely they will be a 6 or 7 seed. They are not a very good team away from Hilton.

Pathetic in the toughest conference in country.

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
Coming onto CF after a loss is a joke. We've seen that this time can play with the best of them. We haven't been playing our best basketball but the only game that hasn't been competitive is the WV game. This is what happens when you play in the hardest conference in basketball. Get over it people. It's not like our team's going to suck in the tourney all of a sudden. All your negativity is pointless.
I think a lot of people had hopes that this team would separate itself from the pack a bit (KU aside). But we're right in the middle of the pack like we have been the 2 previous years. Look really good in some games (home) and look terrible in others (road). That's fine, but we have all seen this before.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron