*** Official "Yikes" Postgame Thread ***

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
It hasn't been just Niang. It has been Ejim also. And I think it happened to the WV guy who "couldn't" guard Niang. I don't think refs target players, but I do think they come into a game (or a second half) with strategy for calling fouls. For instance, they might say that they are going to call the first two bumps in the lane just to establish control of the game. If a player starts the game (or half) with a strategy of making sure he is giving bumps in the lane, then he is in trouble.

That's just what happens when you have smaller guys (ISU) playing aggressively on bigger guys (the field). Even if you're playing good clean basketball, there'll be fouls called. Sometimes when those guys drive the lane on us, the ISU player will practically step away and courtesy to avoid the foul. :twitcy:

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
This team has exceeded my expectations. As to Mel's and George's below average performance tonight, hey it happens. Can't be awesome every night. We play in a tough conference and wins on the road are never easy.

You're not doing this right.

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
I really like your coach and your team. They had a tough game tonight (except for Kane...does he ever freaking miss?) but Baylor is playing really well and desperately needed this win tonight. I'll be pulling for the Cyclones the rest of the year unless my Bears see you guys in the Big XII or NCAA tournament.

you guys handled your end... we still have a half to go!

Clones v Bears final would be awesome!