*** Official South Dakota State vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Has to be a typo on ESPN tracker that Illinois State has 140 points with 8 to play.

Its probably accurate. Greenville is a D3 team that plays a grinnell-like run and shoot offense. Murray State put up 173 points on them the other day.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
At least we have this brownie recipe (you're welcome)...

Homemade Brownie Recipe Ingredients
Back to Michelle’s recipe for brownies! In order for it to turn out like (aka better than) the boxed mix, Michelle uses granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, salt, and chocolate chips. Then, she adds these key ingredients:

• 2 eggs + water – Michelle uses a bit of water with the eggs to achieve the moist, gooey texture of boxed mix brownies without any commercial emulsifiers. And because this recipe doesn’t contain any baking powder, eggs are essential for helping the brownies puff up in the oven.
  • Powdered sugar – The trick to making homemade brownies that are just like ones from a box! Powdered sugar contains cornstarch, which helps thicken the batter without the chemical additives you’d find in a mix.
  • Unsweetened cocoa powder – Michelle recommends using Hershey’s Special Dark Dutch-processed cocoa powder (I used Whole Foods’ 365 Cocoa Powder). Make sure to sift it if it’s lumpy!
  • Oil – While many recipes for brownies use unsalted butter, Michelle’s calls for canola oil, just like the boxed mix. I use olive oil because it’s what I keep on hand, and I love the rich flavor.
  • Vanilla Extract – 1/2 teaspoon vanilla really amps up the chocolate flavor.
That’s it! These fantastic homemade brownies are so easy.
No hash?

Reactions: CyBobby

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
I’ll give the app credit, it’s pretty good. You can watch 2-4 games at the same time.
For me, the quality of ESPN plus has everything to do with what device the app is running on. Apple TV and new Fire TV is great. Old Fire TV was terrible.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
If we're small and fast, we have to get to the point in which we can play pressure D, take teams out of their rhythm and get some turnovers and deflections. We're not there right now, obviously.

I've seen Oky State, Texas and Kansas so far. There is a lot of talent in the conference this year.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Its probably accurate. Greenville is a D3 team that plays a grinnell-like run and shoot offense. Murray State put up 173 points on them the other day.

So in other words..... we'd put up 75 on them?

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
I get that we have some new pieces and it's early, but this team looks like it is utterly clueless with NO plan on either end of the floor. I mean, they don't ever look like they're trying to do something that makes sense. It's astonishing.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
If we're small and fast, we have to get to the point in which we can play pressure D, take teams out of their rhythm and get some turnovers and deflections. We're not there right now, obviously.

I've seen Oky State, Texas and Kansas so far. There is a lot of talent in the conference this year.

West Virginia and Baylor...yikes

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
This is Prohm's sixth year right? I know this is only the second game with a lot of new players. But we also have several players back...and none of them look better. At all.

I was a Prohm apologist until last year. He lost me. People can keep defending him and I don't fault them for it, but to me it's blind optimism. Programs where we were when he took over don't regress this much after six years I don't care how many players went pro or transferred.

To me, he's just not the right guy anymore. And I know we can't afford to do anything about it right now but to see the program's regression is just...really sad. I obviously will cheer for these players but I don't expect anything. I predicted we wouldn't hit ten wins this year...and I stand by that.

It's sad honestly. In the past ten minutes I've had four texts from four die hard Cyclone fans basically saying 'I didn't even know we had a game tonight...' to 'we are getting thumped at home by SDSU?!' to '...i honestly didn't know we were playing, I assume we are losing and no one looks like they've improved am i right?'. Apathy is setting in...and it was already setting in late last year. I do think if COVID didn't happen and Prohm was offered a gig back close to home he would have gone.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
At least we have this brownie recipe (you're welcome)...

Homemade Brownie Recipe Ingredients
Back to Michelle’s recipe for brownies! In order for it to turn out like (aka better than) the boxed mix, Michelle uses granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, salt, and chocolate chips. Then, she adds these key ingredients:

• 2 eggs + water – Michelle uses a bit of water with the eggs to achieve the moist, gooey texture of boxed mix brownies without any commercial emulsifiers. And because this recipe doesn’t contain any baking powder, eggs are essential for helping the brownies puff up in the oven.
  • Powdered sugar – The trick to making homemade brownies that are just like ones from a box! Powdered sugar contains cornstarch, which helps thicken the batter without the chemical additives you’d find in a mix.
  • Unsweetened cocoa powder – Michelle recommends using Hershey’s Special Dark Dutch-processed cocoa powder (I used Whole Foods’ 365 Cocoa Powder). Make sure to sift it if it’s lumpy!
  • Oil – While many recipes for brownies use unsalted butter, Michelle’s calls for canola oil, just like the boxed mix. I use olive oil because it’s what I keep on hand, and I love the rich flavor.
  • Vanilla Extract – 1/2 teaspoon vanilla really amps up the chocolate flavor.
That’s it! These fantastic homemade brownies are so easy.
All better!!!

• Friendly
Reactions: helechopper

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron