*** Official Oklahoma vs #8 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Well.... Let's see. My Daughter came to Hilton to see Jamaal play when she was 3 months through about 18 months old and she is now 24 years old. That would have made Lipsey approximately -38 months to -22 months old when he was watching Tinsley. So... he got double exposure to Tinsley's greatness becuase.... technically he was two pieces of genetic material in two autonomous humans at the time. That is why he really absorbed the lessons so well.

If Jess said this I can totally understand. He is pretty sure that Washington crossed the Delaware during the time he was playing at Iowa.
Settles was just assuming that Tinsley played at ISU for 7 years like he played at Iowa.

• Funny
Reactions: Lexclone and NWICY

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
If I were to pick a 2-1 finish I'll take the loss at UCF, and win the last two in revenge vs. BYU and rubbing KSU's face in the dirt.

I'm not saying to throw the game (I think ISU can still win without him in a one game situation) but I wouldn't be upset if Lipsey sits Saturday if his injuries really are hampering him.
If we had to go 2-1 to finish, agree. I'd rather win the last 2 games.

Lipsey hasn't been great lately. Is it just speculation that he is injured, to the point where it is affecting his game, or is he just going thru a late season drought?

isuclone89

Oct 23, 2007
Medical Lake, WA
Actually I think it's a concern for ALL of the big 12 teams in the dance. The general style of play and physicality that the conference plays with is unlike any in the country and "outside" refs will not be accustomed to the way it should be called.

I'd go so far as to say that it's already been a contributing factor (not the only one though) in some KU's early exits in past years.
How the big 12 plays now reminds me of the old big east. Those were some defensive games back in the day.

Reactions: riceville98

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
This was a great game. It showed just how resilient and tough minded this team is. We will play much prettier basketball, but we just wore out OU with our relentlessness. I love seeing Watson see the success he had last night. I think he has the potential to be really good and I hope he stays at Iowa State given he should have more opportunity next year.
This team could be a real banger next year if:
  • All four guards stay, they don't even need to get any better (Tamin is 1st-team all-conference if he gets to say 75% on free throws and stays healthy)
  • Milan stays and takes a step
  • Watson can play like that consistently against Big 12 teams
  • Omaha shows us why he was a 5-star
  • Rock can play say 15 productive minutes a game
  • We bring in any transfers that are productive rotation players
Lots of ifs there though.

Reactions: bozclone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
This team could be a real banger next year if:
  • All four guards stay, they don't even need to get any better (Tamin is 1st-team all-conference if he gets to say 75% on free throws and stays healthy)
  • Milan stays and takes a step
  • Watson can play like that consistently against Big 12 teams
  • Omaha shows us why he was a 5-star
  • Rock can play say 15 productive minutes a game
  • We bring in any transfers that are productive rotation players
Lots of ifs there though.
For the record, Tamin is up to .714 from the line in conference play. That bad showing in the non-con is still dragging his overall number (.681) down.

Reactions: NENick and rosshm16

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
How the big 12 plays now reminds me of the old big east. Those were some defensive games back in the day.
I think the play today is more physical but we are all entertained because we are winning.
We aren't Huggins style bball but we are hounding.

I really have always enjoyed the Big East, then and now. The rivalries really remind me of the old Big Eight, which I REALLY miss.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron