*** Official Oklahoma vs #8 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
At that point I think we were 4-27 from the field. It was a painful first half.

And i think we were like 2-20 from 2 in that same timeframe. I remember being at 10% from 2.

I would guess that if you pulled all the data for teams with those kinds of offensive stats with 4 minutes remaining in the first half, you find that team loses 90+% of the time. Thankfully we have something most teams don't, truly elite defense, that kept us within range until the offense could go on a run

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
can we please get a Yakety Sax overdub on "that one sequence" in the second half? the Shaquille Bryant highlights already on YouTube don't do it justice. if you can't laugh at yourself, they say.....

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Well it was a W and that is what counts. But boy we played some ugly basketball tonight. But you know what, if this was the tourney we would be saying advance and survive and that is exactly what we did tonight.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone use the phrase "advance and survive" :D

Reactions: CycloneErik

Stumbles

Feb 17, 2012
Cleveland Heights, OH
At this point in the year I just want wins, don't care if we score 58 points and shoot 33%. I was worried about this one, for whatever reason this mid OU team is just a bad matchup for us.
The fact that they can shoot so poorly in the first half and still be up is a good sign. Yeah, OU isn't Houston or Kansas, but being able to win by double digits after that offensive performance is great. This team is tough.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
can we please get a Yakety Sax overdub on "that one sequence" in the second half? the Shaquille Bryant highlights already on YouTube don't do it justice. if you can't laugh at yourself, they say.....

That sequence was Otz ASMR.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Hope the student section steps up with some creative signage.
Hope the students show up and fill all the seats...It’s been a little surprising to see some empty seats the last few games. This team deserves great support.
When the students are hopping Hilton goes to a new level!