***Official Kick the Baylor Rapists out of the Conference Thread***

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I don't think you can excuse what went on at Baylor.

Sadly piss poor behavior has went on at a lot of D1 universities. The money that these programs produce has created environments where too many admins over look or bury problems out of fear of losing that money (and the attendance boost that goes with it).

Like it or not Baylor and Iowa State are a lot more alike than we'd like to admit. Both programs faced uncertain futures in D1 Power 5 conferences not that long ago.

Yes, I think Baylor cheats...and they covered up a lot of things to win. I don't excuse it, but like ISU they're on an island. None of the other Texas teams want them along for the ride, and if the Big12 dies they'll be right alongside ISU desperately searching for a new P5 home that probably never comes.

I don't excuse Baylor's choices. I'm not sure how many people knew what was going on there. With what has come out at MSU and PSU...and many other programs, Baylor certainly isn't alone. Pray that it never happens at Iowa State. But I can also assure you that rampant cheating & covering up of legal issues goes on at 99.9% of all D1 schools. Look at UNC's academic scandal...that cost them nothing. Not one damn thing.

The biggest difference is what value does the NCAA place on your institution?

At this point and with continued success under Campbell, Iowa State is looking more and more like a definite P5 Conference mainstay. Big stadium with great attendance and now with football success coming.

You just excused Baylor with your But, But Penn State and MSU Defense. But the other guys do it Defense is pitiful. Just stop.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
At this point and with continued success under Campbell, Iowa State is looking more and more like a definite P5 Conference mainstay. Big stadium with great attendance and now with football success coming.

You just excused Baylor with your But, But Penn State and MSU Defense. But the other guys do it Defense is pitiful. Just stop.

don't worry, he's well-worn that argument out in the Cave too....

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Maybe their football coach and AD at the time shouldn’t have covered up all of those rapes if they don’t want to be called out on it.

And maybe, just maybe, there are better foundations for football programs than rape and pedophilia. When the programs turn a blind eye to that stuff or accept it, they can burn forever.

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC

Amazed at the limited viewpoint of some, that wasn't their point but that we should hope it would not happen here. And if you think it wouldn't...

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I wish nothing but absolutely the worst for everyone involved with Baylor University. And that includes their joke of a new coach. Why don’t you go have your team do oklahoma drill in pre game again?

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Amazed at the limited viewpoint of some, that wasn't their point but that we should hope it would not happen here. And if you think it wouldn't...

Baylor, MSU and Penn State crap only happens when you lose your morality.

Honor Before Victory. ISU has lived by that motto.

Don’t use the Both Sides Defense. That is BS used by those with no morals or integrity.

xr4ticlone

Oct 1, 2006
Texas
I have no love for Baylor. Let's be clear.

But this idea that fans somehow voted on if the program should cheat or not...or if the city the U is located in should have the police enforce laws or not on players...is foolish.

I wouldn't want a program that did this either. BUT I've got no real control on who ISU hires or how they handle internal issues. And neither does anyone on this board.

So before we get all high and mighty as fans or act like it could never happen at ISU...you need to understand that it very well could happen here as well. Yes, historically ISU didn't care about athletics like most colleges did. But for the reasons in my first post, ALL Universities in the P5 and many outside trying to get in...they care A LOT.

You don't think BYU is losing their minds trying to figure out how to get to a P5 conference?

You don't think if the B12 collapse was imminent that ISU officials wouldn't be scrambling and find new moral flexibility as they worked to secure a spot in a P5 conference?

Finally...
All of these institutions should face the consequences of their choices...and so should those who make them.

The program I have the biggest issue with is Penn State. I understand their fans didn't choose to hide child rape...but they did choose to care more about Joe's F'n wins and getting their program back than their history of child rape. Worse yet they hired that DB Franklin. They can all burn in fire for that.

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC
Baylor, MSU and Penn State crap only happens when you lose your morality.

Honor Before Victory. ISU has lived by that motto.

Don’t use the Both Sides Defense. That is BS used by those with no morals or integrity.
No one mentioned both sides, and morals would include that you don't equate an athletic endeavor with an abhorrent crime.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa

But this idea that fans somehow voted on if the program should cheat or not...or if the city the U is located in should have the police enforce laws or not on players...is foolish.

I wouldn't want a program that did this either. BUT I've got no real control on who ISU hires or how they handle internal issues. And neither does anyone on this board.

So before we get all high and mighty as fans or act like it could never happen at ISU...you need to understand that it very well could happen here as well. Yes, historically ISU didn't care about athletics like most colleges did. But for the reasons in my first post, ALL Universities in the P5 and many outside trying to get in...they care A LOT.

You don't think BYU is losing their minds trying to figure out how to get to a P5 conference?

You don't think if the B12 collapse was imminent that ISU officials wouldn't be scrambling and find new moral flexibility as they worked to secure a spot in a P5 conference?
The difference would be ISU fans would be calling for heads to roll not defending the team or calling foul on punishments handed out for it like a lot of rapelor fans are.

but right now ISU is also in a great position if re alignment were to happen. Basketball has been good to great the last few years, with football trending up, as well as solid athletics overall and great academics. not to mention the facility upgrades over the years too.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Finally...
All of these institutions should face the consequences of their choices...and so should those who make them.

The program I have the biggest issue with is Penn State. I understand their fans didn't choose to hide child rape...but they did choose to care more about Joe's F'n wins and getting their program back than their history of child rape. Worse yet they hired that DB Franklin. They can all burn in fire for that.

Fans might not have control over what a program does, but they have control over whether they defend them or not. And Baylor fans are all on board defending those actions. I mean, ****, they were clamoring to bring Briles back to coach midway through last season.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City

just got the ban hammer on daily bears for posting that worth it.

Haha I love it. I got banned for saying “NO MEANS NO” in the game thread on r/cfb. Definitely worth it. That’s the second time I’ve been banned for making a Baylor joke

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez

Just look at his posts in the cave, he is constantly trying to justify shady behavior. 'When someone tell's you who they are, believe them.'

• Agree
Reactions: alarson

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron