Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
DrrXBrQVYAEs5oJ.jpg

RagBear
6:05p, 11/10/18

That knee to the throat was the beginning of all this mess and the official was right on top of it. No flag....
Knee to throat? Ummmmmm...I don't think Hakeem's thigh is that long. He does have his hands on the guy's shoulder pads though.

But somehow this lil' darlin' "RagBear" doesn't notice the "bear" hug around Hakeem's knees?

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Haha I love it. I got banned for saying “NO MEANS NO” in the game thread on r/cfb. Definitely worth it. That’s the second time I’ve been banned for making a Baylor joke
Yeah I said something about the culture at baylor really shows, during the fights, got banned too, questioned the mod, got 3 more days suspended. Obviously there either are some sensitive fans or some Baylor favoring mods. My second ban for saying anything bad about Baylor too.

xr4ticlone

Oct 1, 2006
Texas
The difference would be ISU fans would be calling for heads to roll not defending the team or calling foul on punishments handed out for it like a lot of rapelor fans are.

but right now ISU is also in a great position if re alignment were to happen. Basketball has been good to great the last few years, with football trending up, as well as solid athletics overall and great academics. not to mention the facility upgrades over the years too.

I agree that ISU fans would be calling for justice.

I've said if Orr had done what Paterno did I'd be the first one to burn all my ISU stuff and go piss on his grave. And I love Johnny.

I'm not excusing the behavior of any of these colleges. But I don't like the idea that we've got people on here painting everyone associated with Baylor of being pro rape. Because who know what the future brings.

I pray ISU fans are never put in that situation...but we have some sorted history with a beloved, winning coach who made some bad choices and an AD that probably should have (never been hired) stepped in before it got to that point and embarrassed the University.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Baylor, MSU and Penn State crap only happens when you lose your morality.

Honor Before Victory. ISU has lived by that motto.

Don’t use the Both Sides Defense. That is BS used by those with no morals or integrity.

Ah, @Stormin, still so black-and-white about everything.

Someday your sense of morality will mature, and you will realize, sometimes it really is the Battle of Stalingrad and you really want both sides to lose.

And sometimes, like Stalingrad, we will all be blessed enough that both sides really do.

That is sometimes the best thing for everybody.

I agree that ISU fans would be calling for justice.

I've said if Orr had done what Paterno did I'd be the first one to burn all my ISU stuff and go piss on his grave. And I love Johnny.

I'm not excusing the behavior of any of these colleges. But I don't like the idea that we've got people on here painting everyone associated with Baylor of being pro rape. Because who know what the future brings.

I pray ISU fans are never put in that situation...but we have some sorted history with a beloved, winning coach who made some bad choices and an AD that probably should have (never been hired) stepped in before it got to that point and embarrassed the University.

The "Orr memories" thread after his death spelled out that Johnny had a problem drinking and driving, and the cops let him get away with it several times.

I know it was a "different time," and driving while intoxicated was not treated with the same seriousness then that it is now, but I did lose some respect for him and the people involved with letting him get away with it upon hearing that. He could have killed himself or somebody completely innocent at the wrong place and the wrong time.

I only "knew" Orr after the fact -- my memory starts with Floyd -- but that did not help at all.

I am really glad ISU has never been implicated in something as heinous as was Penn State, Baylor, or MSU with their athletic programs, but, hey, I know two departments (not the Department of Athletics) with some "this should hit you in the pit of your stomach" stories of bad sexual misconduct at Iowa State. Bad stuff happens in Ames, too, unfortunately.

The fastest way to karma is to throw rocks in a glass house.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: Cyhops and Stormin

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
No one mentioned both sides, and morals would include that you don't equate an athletic endeavor with an abhorrent crime.

Don’t support those who commit such crap. Don’t make excuses. If you support a program that does that crap then you condone it. How can any person of morality support an athletic department that commits abhorrent crime? Same thing goes in all walks of life. Don’t be deplorable.

hoopitup

Feb 8, 2012
West Des Moines
I
After Montgomery was out of bounds he had plenty of opportunity to let him go. but choose to drive him into the drink cart 12 yards out of bounds. No idea what you were looking at.

They both had opportunities to let go and neither did. Refs had opportunity to jump I immediately prevent anything from happening. Not sure what u were looking at.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I

They both had opportunities to let go and neither did
. Refs had opportunity to jump I immediately prevent anything from happening. Not sure what u were looking at.

Pretty sure Montgomery didn't want to be pushed into the Gatorade table that far out of bounds. Even if he lets go, the Baylor player still drives him into the Gatorade table.

Not hard to understand, really.

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
What's the chance DM suspension is overturned. It seemed like a pretty unprovoked attack on him but I admittedly did not see what happened before he got sucked punched.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Ah, @Stormin, still so black-and-white about everything.

Someday your sense of morality will mature, and you will realize, sometimes it really is the Battle of Stalingrad and you really want both sides to lose.

And sometimes, like Stalingrad, we will all be blessed enough that both sides really do.

That is sometimes the best thing for everybody.

The "Orr memories" thread after his death spelled out that Johnny had a problem drinking and driving, and the cops let him get away with it several times.

I know it was a "different time," and driving while intoxicated was not treated with the same seriousness then that it is now, but I did lose some respect for him and the people involved with letting him get away with it upon hearing that. He could have killed himself or somebody completely innocent at the wrong place and the wrong time.

I only "knew" Orr after the fact -- my memory starts with Floyd -- but that did not help at all.

I am really glad ISU has never been implicated in something as heinous as was Penn State, Baylor, or MSU with their athletic programs, but, hey, I know two departments (not the Department of Athletics) with some "this should hit you in the pit of your stomach" stories of bad sexual misconduct at Iowa State. Bad stuff happens in Ames, too, unfortunately.

The fastest way to karma is to throw rocks in a glass house.
There are undoubtedly "bad" occurrences in many more places. Sadly it is a function of human nature. I do think that how the university administrators, the offenders, and the fans or students react is fair game for discussion, though.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

hoopitup

Feb 8, 2012
West Des Moines
Pretty sure Montgomery didn't want to be pushed into the Gatorade table that far out of bounds. Even if he lets go, the Baylor player still drives him into the Gatorade table.

Not hard to understand, really.

But he didn’t let go. At the end of the day, refs had as much to do with what happened on the field as anything.

• Disagree
Reactions: ca4cy

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
But he didn’t let go. At the end of the day, refs had as much to do with what happened on the field as anything.

I am not sure what you are getting at. Are you saying Montgomery should have let go while someone kept driving him into a table?

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
All the Big 12 office cares about is DM threw punches, not the circumstance.
So a good coaching strategy is to sucker punch another teams best player and hope they react so they get kicked out of game? Hope they look at it a little more rationally but you are probably right.

Reactions: Stormin

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC
Don’t support those who commit such crap. Don’t make excuses. If you support a program that does that crap then you condone it. How can any person of morality support an athletic department that commits abhorrent crime? Same thing goes in all walks of life. Don’t be deplorable.
Thank you for the advice Hillary.

• Funny
Reactions: BeneventiCy28

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC
There are undoubtedly "bad" occurrences in many more places. Sadly it is a function of human nature. I do think that how the university administrators, the offenders, and the fans or students react is fair game for discussion, though.
Should that discussion happen on a sports message board and be used to support your team and prop it up? That's disrespectful to the victims, let's keep the conversation on sports here.

• Funny
Reactions: FinalFourCy

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Should that discussion happen on a sports message board and be used to support your team and prop it up? That's disrespectful to the victims, let's keep the conversation on sports here.
Thanks for your opinion. Clearly it is not shared by everyone here (though I am certain it is shared by some). Have a nice day.

Reactions: Cyhops