*** Official IOWA STATE Vs Texas Game(Day) Thread ***

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Meh. Oh well. Regardless of what happens in second half, the real issue today is the futures of Babb and Lard. You can’t have very high expectations if both of them are done. We will be depending on three true freshman for a lot of minutes.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
You're telling people to calm down when we had 6 points and 1 FG over the last 9:30 of game.

This is trash.
Yes, they are not playing well, they may not even come out and play well the second half. They may lose the game. But they are your team, so try not trashing them or get completely off the train. And definitely don't take part in any celebration if they pull it out, because that is not how you earn that right.

I'm more critical of fans like you than any coach or player. You're job is a heck of a lot easier.

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Meh. Oh well. Regardless of what happens in second half, the real issue today is the futures of Babb and Lard. You can’t have very high expectations if both of them are done. We will be depending on three true freshman for a lot of minutes.

Came on late....heard Lard isn't playing (or even traveling to Austin) for breaking team rules. Anything else we know?

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Let's see. Can't shoot..can't defend...role player going off against us...not getting any calls...not one of Prohm's better days....aaaaand our PG is probably done for the day.

Good times.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
@stateofmind Why you do disagree? Losing out would make us 20-12. Texas is currently 15-13 and projected as a 9 seed. We're not missing out on the tournament.

I'm sorry @stateofmind
tenor.gif

Last edited:

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
He brings things Jacobson doesn’t. Quicker defender and a better rim protector and rebounder.

Now this I can agree with. I do think MJ is more polished offensively at this point.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Just so hard to watch this team. Never seen such a spread of a high ceiling but low of a floor.

This team could lose the next 5 games to end the season.....or figure it out and make a legit run in the tourney

• Agree
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It’s pretty funny. Prohm sold out on certain linups all year and now he’s like ehhhhh derrrr.. all of the guys he’s throwing in now should have gotten meaningful minutes all year..
Because Steve controls injuries and actions that lead to suspensions?

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Agree completely. This team has no identity so this inconsistency is guaranteed. I hope a leader emerges next season and can get everyone in the same page
Yeah I mean I still watch them and keep hoping something changes and they put it all together on a consistent basis. And I hope I am wrong and they do get hot. That can still happen in the NCAA Tournament, as there have been plenty of other teams way worse than our roster make deep runs by getting hot and/or a good draw. The only frustrating thing is that the inconsistency is such a wide gap. I mean they are pretty much either good to really good or just downright awful. There's no middle ground.