*** Official IOWA STATE VS TCU Game(Day) Thread ***

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by CycloneRulzzz, Jan 4, 2020.

  1. isufbcurt

    isufbcurt Well-Known Member

    Apr 21, 2006
    17,284
    3,903
    113
    Male
    CPA
    Newton
    Ratings:
    +19,888 / 899 / -14
    If you foul right away then no time comes off the clock. You have to get some time off before you foul.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Trice

    Trice Well-Known Member

    Apr 1, 2010
    2,631
    446
    83
    Ankeny
    Ratings:
    +2,973 / 122 / -4
    Could really use a "laugh to keep from crying" emoji
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. CoKane

    CoKane Well-Known Member

    Oct 26, 2013
    13,931
    992
    113
    Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +4,287 / 144 / -7
    Care to explain the other times we look like we don't know what we're doing at the end of games under Prohm? Either Prohm is garbage at communicating or the players are intentionally not doing what he's saying then
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. bosco

    bosco Well-Known Member

    Dec 21, 2008
    7,305
    765
    113
    Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +3,654 / 279 / -8
    This is really entertaining. I'm usually the one so mad I'll eat my hat after a loss like this it's refreshing realizing how silly everyone is getting this upset.

    After being run off the floor by Iowa and getting beat at Hilton by one of the worse teams in Div1, I figured it was going to be another double digit loss. But TCU needed to shoot 50% from 3 and make a last second banked 3 to force OT. If we only lose by 15 to KU next game I'll take that as a win.
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. herbicide

    herbicide Well-Known Member

    Mar 23, 2006
    10,441
    437
    83
    Ankeny, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 118 / -1
    Of course it is... In that situation Conditt (as others have mentioned) probably should have been subbed out for a better perimeter defender.

    But I digress, my point is more along the lines this is yet another 'execution' issue that we have to argue about. Those issues are piling up quickly.
     
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. SpokaneCY

    SpokaneCY Well-Known Member
    SuperFanatic SuperFanatic T2

    Apr 11, 2006
    12,134
    1,573
    113
    Male
    Manager of Natural Gas
    Spokane, WA
    Ratings:
    +7,742 / 430 / -34
    You said the odds were 98% chance. That means there is a 2% chance of what happened and it happened. That's how statistics work.
     
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Big_Sill

    Big_Sill Member

    Aug 4, 2008
    187
    14
    18
    Ratings:
    +71 / 16 / -1
    It is on Prohm. If you tell players to foul and they don’t, then you didn’t coach them properly or you don’t have their attention. Why was a dribbler able to get to a ball screen at half court? Foul should have been nearly immediate.
     
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. CoKane

    CoKane Well-Known Member

    Oct 26, 2013
    13,931
    992
    113
    Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +4,287 / 144 / -7
    Did the LB get on the field? If so then that's still a coaching issue.
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  9. ISC

    ISC Well-Known Member

    Oct 15, 2009
    1,155
    80
    48
    Computer Programmer
    Iowa
    Ratings:
    +379 / 26 / -0
    No you don't. Time was already on our side. Let them inbound and if they get it successfully in bounded, trap and foul (while going for a steal to make it look legit)
     
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. isufbcurt

    isufbcurt Well-Known Member

    Apr 21, 2006
    17,284
    3,903
    113
    Male
    CPA
    Newton
    Ratings:
    +19,888 / 899 / -14
    Or they got caught up in the moment (over thinking) and didn't execute. This is mostly the cause of poor execution.
     
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. isufbcurt

    isufbcurt Well-Known Member

    Apr 21, 2006
    17,284
    3,903
    113
    Male
    CPA
    Newton
    Ratings:
    +19,888 / 899 / -14
    Yeah he was a starter. And one of our best players, but he hardly ever executed his actual assignments.
     
  12. heitclone

    heitclone Well-Known Member
    SuperFanatic SuperFanatic T2

    Jun 21, 2009
    10,980
    1,152
    113
    Male
    Recreation Therapist
    Way up there
    Ratings:
    +6,202 / 239 / -4
    What...? A well coached team executes when they need to
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. CoKane

    CoKane Well-Known Member

    Oct 26, 2013
    13,931
    992
    113
    Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +4,287 / 144 / -7
    We certainly get caught up in the moment and don't execute a lot under Prohm. Wonder if there's a reason why that is
     
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. jcisuclones

    jcisuclones Well-Known Member

    Nov 23, 2011
    2,725
    313
    83
    Male
    Morgantown, WV
    Ratings:
    +2,030 / 239 / -75
    You can still take time off the clock and still foul before he gets passed mid-court. Dude isn't going to chuck one up from half court with 3 seconds left.
     
  15. heitclone

    heitclone Well-Known Member
    SuperFanatic SuperFanatic T2

    Jun 21, 2009
    10,980
    1,152
    113
    Male
    Recreation Therapist
    Way up there
    Ratings:
    +6,202 / 239 / -4
    A poorly coached team executes poorly.
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. fsanford

    fsanford Well-Known Member

    Dec 22, 2007
    4,863
    579
    113
    Los Angeles
    Ratings:
    +2,691 / 178 / -4
    Both were bad coaching decisions it seems doesn't it?
     
  17. 67CY

    67CY Well-Known Member

    Apr 13, 2006
    2,365
    168
    63
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1,456 / 199 / -17
    Do you think George was told that during the time out?
     
  18. SpokaneCY

    SpokaneCY Well-Known Member
    SuperFanatic SuperFanatic T2

    Apr 11, 2006
    12,134
    1,573
    113
    Male
    Manager of Natural Gas
    Spokane, WA
    Ratings:
    +7,742 / 430 / -34
    Honestly we need the reps defending this so think of the bigger picture as positive! ;)
     
    • Like Like x 1
  19. CYEATHAWK

    CYEATHAWK Well-Known Member

    Aug 26, 2007
    3,658
    433
    83
    Ratings:
    +1,913 / 92 / -6
    Coaches should be.....they get paid to be. I think however had they not lost that last game......this TCU game is just one in a long history(even with Fred)of nutsack kicks we know and love at ISU. But here we are.
     
  20. Rabbuk

    Rabbuk Well-Known Member

    Mar 1, 2011
    37,447
    3,264
    113
    Ratings:
    +20,783 / 1,047 / -52
    "hey foul the dude the minute he crosses half court". Pretty tough assignment
     

Share This Page