*** Official IOWA STATE VS TCU Game(Day) Thread ***

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Go back and watch the dang game. Camera literally zoomed in on him turning to his staff telling them we need to foul. Execution isn’t on the coach...

Well...it is a lot easier to kick a man when he's already down.

I completely agree with you; George just needs to put his arms up and effect the shot, but unfortunately this is just more ammo for the "Fire Prohm" crowd.

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
Literally a foul at the end of regulation away from a win. That is why people can lose their minds. There is no valid excuse for them not to foul in that situation. None.

Prohm told them to foul, they didnt...
I agree he is not the best coach, but the players gotta ******* foul the guy. You could see Prohm say it before before the inbounds, and Hali yelled about it after.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
If George fouls him, he has an and one three pointer. George was too far away to foul until it was too late. Still, the dude banked in a half courter. Garbage.

George was supposed to be in the hip pocket of the screener (Samual) and he wasn't so it gave the TCU guy a clear look.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He definitely told them to foul because you could see Halli look at George like WTF....why didn’t you foul.
They set a great screen on Bolton and that screwed it up.

On the other hand if George fouls too late, it's potentially an and 1 after a made 3.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Looked like Conditt was going to but got caught or hesitated.

My take is this team isn't good enough to get upset about these losses. Pick your battles. Fans can lose their minds when it matters.

And the hesitation was legit. You’ll take a three from there over putting dude at the line to shoot three FT. He made the right call in that moment.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
and can’t hit wide-open three-pointers for the three or so please plays prohm ran for him. At least get him out if you’re going to run those plays

We needed defense more than offense this game. Simple as that.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
You foul, sorry, but up by three, you are guarding the 3 pt, line and when the kid gets to half court you foul him. Its basketball 101, we have saw this story before, same thing happened 5 years at Texas, we let them shoot, and the kid makes it.

We also got screwed on the last free ball, it was off TCU, they replay it, and reward it to TCU. I do not care if we hacked him on the way to the basketball, they did not call it.

Going to be a long year

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
This game had a 98% chance of going to ISU w/ 8 seconds left in regulation

TCU was not in a double bonus. A foul puts them on the line w/ a 1 & 1.
They were down by THREE.

There is no excuse for NOT winning this game in regulation. ZERO

Yes...We lose our minds. This game was in the BAG. This was a ridiculous loss

inexplicable

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I think Prohm is a bad coach but I dont really blame him for this loss. At some point your players have to step up and do what the coach tells them. This one is all on the players as far as I'm concerned.

Good post. I'm totally serious.

• Friendly
Reactions: NoCreativity