*** Official IOWA STATE Vs Miami Game(Day) Thread ***

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
I'm genuinely curious if people think Jaz won't be back next year? That dude was glue....he didn't score a ton, but he gave effort, effective effort, on every play.

Hell be back if TJ can't find anyone better. That's really all it boils down to.h

UnbiasedHawk

Jul 6, 2013
Full disclosure I haven’t read any of this thread. Just wanted to say congrats on a hell of a turnaround and a great season. A few bounces go your way and it’s a KU rematch and anything can happen at that point. Otz seems like he knows what he is doing - not what I’m looking for! Anyway congrats on your season. Had to be a fun ride!

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Tough game. Kudos to Miami for pressuring us and never letting us get an ounce of rhythm.

We just never looked comfortable and Miami pounced on us. Great season, fellas.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and t-noah

VegasCy

Dec 16, 2018
This was such a weird season, but I was so happy to care about basketball again. I love this team, despite the shortcomings on the offense end. It will be a very interesting offseason to see who stays, who goes, and who is added to this roster. Unbelievable year, shattering all expectations. Every fan and every one associated with ISU basketball has to be proud of what was accomplished.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Kinda stings to hear it phrased that way.
Maybe. Maybe not. I interpret this as Jaz having options. He would be willing to come back if coach wants him, if true. That speaks a lot right there about culture, hard work, and ultimately enjoying the season, coaches and teammates.

If he defers to coach having or wanting other plans not including him, it means he is also OK with that and will find success elsewhere.

Reactions: NWICY

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
Need to go get players that can score not just defense without scoring. Hunter needs to spend time in the gym and learn to protect the ball and hit a decent percentage of 3. That’s what got Monte to get paid. You can be a good pg but if you can’t protect the balls or hit occasional 3s then you are in trouble. Tre Jackson need to transfer to a mid major. He just doesn’t have it. The little minutes he was given he was disaster and turn the ball over. Jones need to get better and dominate the paint. Anyways good season but this coach should build on this. He just needs some shooters and Hunter to improve on the ball protection and 3.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I'm genuinely curious if people think Jaz won't be back next year? That dude was glue....he didn't score a ton, but he gave effort, effective effort, on every play.
I'd be curious to know what kinds of conversations were had with any of the transfers. I can't imagine anyone who transferred in with 2 or more seasons of eligibility remaining is really interested in transferring out and sitting out a year.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Out-athleted too. You can't do much about that.

I don't know why more people can't see this.
Miami’s quickness was something this group hadn’t really seen this year.

Tech, Kansas, etc were big physical and athletic, but the scramble d they played, and the speed of their offense was different.

I thought Moore’s long 3 from about 28 feet, after the offensive rebound on his miss on the first long 3, got Miami settled. We had cut the lead to one to start the second half, and he took what appeared to be two terrible shots, that second one falling got them back on track.

• Agree
Reactions: fsanford

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Need to go get players that can score not just defense without scoring. Hunter needs to spend time in the gym and learn to protect the ball and hit a decent percentage of 3. That’s what got Monte to get paid. You can be a good pg but if you can’t protect the balls or hit occasional 3s then you are in trouble. Tre Jackson need to transfer to a mid major. He just doesn’t have it. The little minutes he was given he was disaster and turn the ball over. Jones need to get better and dominate the paint. Anyways good season but this coach should build on this. He just needs some shooters and Hunter to improve on the ball protection and 3.
Tyrese with so many great pg skills. Now.....as often as he gets into the paint, he's going to have to pull up and hit a few jump shots too. I'm more interested in that part of his game improving (along with finishing thru contact at the rim) than his 3 pt. shooting.

Reactions: CyclonesMoney

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Tech, Kansas, etc were big physical and athletic, but the scramble d they played, and the speed of their offense was different.

I thought Moore’s long 3 from about 28 feet, after the offensive rebound on his miss on the first long 3, got Miami settled. We had cut the lead to one to start the second half, and he took what appeared to be two terrible shots, that second one falling got them back on track.

There were several moments where it was just Miami's night and that was one of them and I'm not convinced there was much ISU could do.

Yeah the turnovers out top only hurt but it felt like Miami would have found some other way to extend the lead.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

Can't believe I watched that whole game and didn't pay attention to who was guarding Brockington. Was it mainly the same Miami guy? Or did several do it? Because while other teams have denied him plenty, I haven't seen anyone speed him up to the point he was this ineffective.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Can't believe I watched that whole game and didn't pay attention to who was guarding Brockington. Was it mainly the same Miami guy? Or did several do it? Because while other teams have denied him plenty, I haven't seen anyone speed him up to the point he was this ineffective.
Felt like he’s struggled with the mid range and handles in the lane for several games to me.