***Official Iowa State vs. Kansas Game(day) Thread***

D

DistrictCyclone

What does Gottlieb have to do with it?

Ug, nevermind.

EDIT: Sorry, I shouldn't be so dismissive. I was just taking issue with Gottlieb's tweet that seemed to imply we'd need a Tinsley or Stinson in order to beat Kansas.

Last edited by a moderator:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Ug, nevermind.

EDIT: Sorry, I shouldn't be so dismissive. I was just taking issue with Gottlieb's tweet that seemed to imply we'd need a Tinsley or Stinson in order to beat Kansas.

I guess we all learned an important lesson today. We suck at the internet.

bizzle

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
NY, NY
Ug, nevermind.

Are you talking about Fraschilla?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Will can be the guy but it is tough for a wing player to dominate because they get fewer touches. The two listed were some of the most physical point guards I can remember. When a guard can regualrly penitrate the lane it breaks down every defense one can muster. ISU was able to have similar success with White last season because of his ability to get into the lane and make the defense breakdown. Tonight ISU is going to need one heck of a shooting performance to pull this off or KU needs to go ice cold.

Not to nit-pick, but Stinson was a combo guard and played the 2. Will Blalock was at the point. Your point remains, both Mel and Stinson could break down a defense like no other. Stinson's tear drop was so beautiful.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Ug, nevermind.

It was Fraschilla's tweet. That's why "what's Gottleib got to do with this?"

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

Confused me too, but I thought he might have gone back and edited something out. Maybe I not so dumb?

D

DistrictCyclone

Are you talking about Fraschilla?

Confused me too, but I thought he might have gone back and edited something out. Maybe I not so dumb?

Crap, I'm sorry; yes, I was mixing up Gottlieb and Fraschilla when referring to the tweet. Apologies all around. I should be banned. From the internet.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Crap, I'm sorry; yes, I was mixing up Gottlieb and Fraschilla when referring to the tweet. Apologies all around. I should be banned. From the internet.

At the very least. :wink:

Maybe (hopefully) we will all be surprised tonight, and since it is now the Big 12, the big time...the players will step up and play to their full capabilities. That would be nice.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011

All will be forgiven after you serve the penalty. See you in a couple of weeks, be well! :jimlad:

StevieISU23

Oct 31, 2007
Urbandale
What the D Match-ups:

McLemore: Babbers ie: Mr. Jailor.
Johnson: Lucious????....
Relaford: Will
Fro Boy/Young: Edge
Whitney: Booker/ other forward

Where are we going to hide shorty lucious?????

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
What the D Match-ups:

McLemore: Babbers ie: Mr. Jailor.
Johnson: Lucious????....
Relaford: Will
Fro Boy/Young: Edge
Whitney: Booker/ other forward

Where are we going to hide shorty lucious?????

Lucious plays in your face on the ball defense. There is not too much space between him and whoever he is guarding. I am more worried about Booker on Whithey. We are going to struggle scoring in the paint and they could possibly have a hayday scoring in the paint.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
6pm CT.

On ESPNU (Announced by Mark Neely and Matt Doherty), not on cyclones.tv.

Also should be on firstrowsports.eu if you're looking for a stream!

Let's get a big win in Lawrence to start off the conference season! GO CYCLONES!!!

Crap, a loser started this thread.:jimlad:

Cyclones by 50

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron