***Official Iowa State vs. Kansas Game(day) Thread***

BringBackJohnny

Feb 11, 2009
Ames
Our 3 point shooting is not as efficient this year but it does not have to be. Last year we had like only 3 scoring options on a semi regular basis.

1. White takes it to the rack
2. White gets to the paint can't get a look hope there is a kick out three
3. White gets to the paint can't get a look no kick out hope Percy or Melvin is open

Now that worked because White was pretty darn dominant at times but this years offense is way more multi dimentional. I think if they were to cut down on a couple (5%) of those 3 pt looks they might increase scoring efficiency and ppg.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
I'm so pumped... Haven't had the chance to see any games besides the Drake one on Cyclones.TV

Kansas is a beatable team - minimize the TOs and we can hang around in this one

can gain a ton of confidence and momentum with a strong performance today, here's to hoping they start conference play off right.

Kansas is beatable, but then again, so are we. I'll feel better when they come to our cathedral, but that dumpy old gym in Larry is a tough place for anybody to win.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I would love to see the huge upset tonight, but at the very least, I just hope ISU plays well.

However, as Fran Fraschilla tweeted this morning when asked about his thoughts on this game:

Fran Fraschilla@franfraschilla Curtis Stinson & Jamaal Tinsley not walking through that door. RT @TrevorOlson8: what are your thoughts about the Iowa State vs Kansas game?

D

DistrictCyclone

I would love to see the huge upset tonight, but at the very least, I just hope ISU plays well.

However, as Fran Fraschilla tweeted this morning when asked about his thoughts on this game:

Fran Fraschilla@franfraschilla Curtis Stinson & Jamaal Tinsley not walking through that door. RT @TrevorOlson8: what are your thoughts about the Iowa State vs Kansas game?

Guy lives in the past. In a few years he'll probably say something dumb like Will Clyburn and Korie Lucious not walking through that door.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Guy lives in the past. In a few years he'll probably say something dumb like Will Clyburn and Korie Lucious not walking through that door.

Doubt that. Stinson and Tinsley were very dynamic players for us. Lucious isnt going to be as good as either from what I can tell so far and Clyburn is still up in the air. Stinson and Tinsley could absolutely take over a game when they needed to.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Doubt that. Stinson and Tinsley were very dynamic players for us. Lucious isnt going to be as good as either from what I can tell so far and Clyburn is still up in the air. Stinson and Tinsley could absolutely take over a game when they needed to.

Exactly.......he was simply stating that no one on this year's team has shown the ability to lead, or take over a game like Stinson and Tinsley could. I would hope someone would step up tonight (and the rest of the season) to do that but I have my doubts. I would be glad to be wrong.

BringBackJohnny

Feb 11, 2009
Ames
Will can be the guy but it is tough for a wing player to dominate because they get fewer touches. The two listed were some of the most physical point guards I can remember. When a guard can regualrly penitrate the lane it breaks down every defense one can muster. ISU was able to have similar success with White last season because of his ability to get into the lane and make the defense breakdown. Tonight ISU is going to need one heck of a shooting performance to pull this off or KU needs to go ice cold.

D

DistrictCyclone

Which is why I said it was "something dumb" that Gottlieb might say in future years.