*** Official IOWA STATE vs Cincinnati Game(Day) Thread ***

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Boy, UC is still riding their power ratings due to hanging 70 on directional kentucky. They should have NEVER been favored. ISU ML was plus money , willing to bet Vegas paid out some $$$$ today

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Every single win you say that about the opponent.

I will call ******** on this. Go find these supposed posts. I said we've beat some bad teams. I said Bowman was a terrible QB. But I haven't said "this is easily the worst team we've played".

They are and it's probably not close. But it's a road conference win and we can't co trol the quality of the opponent. To not even play that well (QB had time to throw, LBs missed some tackles, and Oline was crap yet afai ) and smash a team on the road speaks volumes to their quality.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
That botched snap but recovery from the holder actually showed strong fundamentals on his part to get it down so quickly.

Yeah mistakes happen and you can still make some plays to overcome them.

We had some great return yards and the up guy catching that weird kick is something that can’t be taken for granted either.

It was probably a top 5 special teams game of the past few years looking at every aspect.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If Iowa State keeps on winning, and when Texas comes to play in Ames. Texas does not have a very good record playing in Ames in really late October and November games. In fact the only win I think was in 1999 and that game was very very close like 44 to 41 Texas winning.

I’m gonna guess their Ames November record is 0-0 and they’re playing here this year only because they chose to stop running the Big 12 at their own whim.

Cyburbbalz

Dec 14, 2019
Credit to coaches for getting off of the stubborn horse a few weeks ago!! I like many was hinting at a needed coaching change. Great job by the players to execute the opportunities. I was very pleasantly surprised to see the team keep their foot on the gas with a lead late in 3rd qtr. This definitely feels new.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Most complete win of the season, put up 30 points, no turnovers, special teams were great all around, and the defense gave up one TD when they were out schemed on the one play in the redzone.

Rest up, get healthy and lets get ready to keep it rolling in Baylor.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
If we somehow get 7 wins in the same season as that Ohio game that’s a miraculous turnaround. That was a top 5 difficult to stomach game for me as an ISU fan.
That was a bad game for the players stomachs as well.

Reactions: VAClonefan