*** Official IOWA STATE VS Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
People, please please please don't use the heat as an excuse. If we're that fragile, we're screwed.

When was the last time you or our guys played 122f heat? Of course our guys got fatigued because of it. Several probably getting some IVs as we speak. It wasn’t the only reason we lost but definitely contributed as a part.

Taz4President

Oct 3, 2013
Austin TX
We’re the better team, we should’ve won. I don’t care how much they’ve improved. We let them have this one plain and simple
The final score says otherwise. Would you like to go on record and give ISU a participation win? Maybe the team could wear ‘we’re better even though we lost’ shirts - it would probably be motivating!

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Why do we have to start seasons 1-3 or 2-2? Why do we have to start games slow all the time and usually have to come from behind? It's a problem folks.

We proved in the 4th qtr today that we could score on this Baylor team basically at will.... so why did it take 3 qtrs to actually do it?

I'm tired of everyone saying... "I was just glad to see us come back... go get it next week!". That is SO lame IMO. How many games a year are you okay with saying that?

I still think we are plenty good enough to be 4-0 right now.... but people are happy about just playing Iowa and Baylor close and being 2-2 I guess??? Whatever.

clone1990

Apr 14, 2008
Why do we have to start seasons 1-3 or 2-2? Why do we have to start games slow all the time and usually have to come from behind? It's a problem folks.

We proved in the 4th qtr today that we could score on this Baylor team basically at will.... so why did it take 3 qtrs to actually do it?

I'm tired of everyone saying... "I was just glad to see us come back... go get it next week!". That is SO lame IMO. How many games a year are you okay with saying that?

I still think we are plenty good enough to be 4-0 right now.... but people are happy about just playing Iowa and Baylor close and being 2-2 I guess??? Whatever.
This

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Are they acclimated to weather with higher temperatures? Yes.

Is Iowa state acclimated to temps over 100f? No, no they are not.
What in the heck does this word mean relating to athletics? If the hot weather bothered us, we weren't in shape. And by the eye test, a few of our o-linemen aren't in shape.
Please.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Let’s play like pussies on offense until the 4th quarter and we are down by a bunch just to have to rely on defense. Personnel has a lot of kinks they need to work out because this was an easily winnable game and we sucked.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I hate this place after losses. Sometimes the other team plays better. Sometimes you have a bad game. Sometimes it is the coaches fault. Sometimes it is the players fault. Sometimes it just bad luck.

Almost all of the time, fans have no ******* clue.

It comes down to this---do you like this team and do you like this coach? If so, you have to take the bad with the good and grow the hell up.