*** Official IOWA STATE VS Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Yeah, I really don't get that take. When people did predictions in the preseason, this was one of the games a lot of people thought we would lose. They're good; it's not a bad loss. Just disappointing

I had this game marked as a loss pre-season and had us going 8-4. Unfortunately, I also had us beating Iowa, so we’re going to have to not drop another unexpected (from my preseason predictions) and also pick one up from OU, Texas or Kansas State.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
The chatter about competing for a conference title was overblown. This program and talent level isn't there yet. The returning starts on the O line got picked up by the national pundits and got hyped into ISU not missing a beat after losing David and Hakeem. The truth is this is still a patchwork line with pieces left over from the prior regime. One of our tackles had three? holding calls today against a very average Baylor front. We have an historically good QB (struggled today), a defensive line that is one of the best in the conference, great linebackers etc. but we don't have an offensive line and a running game to complement. We lose the turnover battle and we are screwed. UNI and Iowa were not outliers. It is what it is

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
process may need a little tweaking when you’re talking about how to manage games early. A little more urgency would be nice.

I asked earlier...does ISU have a hurry up offense?

Because when there's like 25 seconds left to get 50 yards covered, going at normal game pace doesn't work.

• Agree
Reactions: Tornado man

Taz4President

Oct 3, 2013
Austin TX
Yeah, I really don't get that take. When people did predictions in the preseason, this was one of the games a lot of people thought we would lose. They're good; it's not a bad loss. Just disappointing
You don’t get the take? If they’re not very good then ISU isn’t either considering they just lost.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Yep called it, knew at halftime this team wouldn't win. This team will not win 6 games this year. Easy team to predict, therefore easy team to beat.
They should win at least 6, but the lack of running game is a problem. Even more problematic we still haven't found a feature back through 4 games.

• Winner
Reactions: CaptainCamoBeer

alabamacyclone

Feb 11, 2019
Before we totally panic and abandon ship, I find three things to consider.
1. Last season we were 1-3, and those losses didn't look pretty (OK, we were still playing revolving door with qb)
2. We probably had some hangover from last week, where we just started to thread their defense, and now facing a tough defense it was a huge step up in a challenge to meet.
3. The heat today was unbearable and the treatment by Baylor versus ISU was not just unfair, it was potentially a safety issue. Once the field was almost entirely in shadows, our offense came alive.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
The Manning hype too?
Yes and I’m as guilty of being hopeful about Manning as anybody but he hasn’t helped at all. The run play design is still poor and so is the blocking execution. Our RB’s are only average but they have not much to work with. This is especially true when Brock makes terrible reads and keeps the ball for no reason.

• Winner
Reactions: Lineup

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
If I have to watch another failed 4th and 1 out of the shotgun, I swear I'm gonna have to shank a *****.

(For the folks that take everything literally, I'm joking... But it is very frustrating)