*** Official IOWA STATE VS Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

• Fanatics -

Thank you for your patience today and welcome to the newest version of Cyclone Fanatic!

Most of the changes we have made are very simple, but will greatly improve your user experience while visiting the website.

We have upgraded our forum software to speed things up. Our homepage is much cleaner and should be even more mobile friendly than before.

We appreciate your loyalty and are committed to not only keeping Cyclone Fanatic in tip-top shape, but continuing to build this community for the next decade and beyond.

We ask that if you are experiences any glitches to let us know in this thread . Will will be diligently working on the site all day.

Thanks again.

Chris Williams - Publisher

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
People, please please please don't use the heat as an excuse. If we're that fragile, we're screwed.
When was the last time you or our guys played 122f heat? Of course our guys got fatigued because of it. Several probably getting some IVs as we speak. It wasn’t the only reason we lost but definitely contributed as a part.

mtowncyclone13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Eh, played awful and lost to a last second fg. In a game where Baylor had 2 critical fumbles bounce into their hands, literally just standing there on the punt and the ball wedged itself between the guys arm and thigh.

They have a ways to go but are far from the doom and gloom the fragile minds here love to predict.
We're 1/3 done with the season. How many oh these "not worried" games do you have in the tank?

Taz4President

Oct 3, 2013
Austin TX
We’re the better team, we should’ve won. I don’t care how much they’ve improved. We let them have this one plain and simple
The final score says otherwise. Would you like to go on record and give ISU a participation win? Maybe the team could wear ‘we’re better even though we lost’ shirts - it would probably be motivating!

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Why do we have to start seasons 1-3 or 2-2? Why do we have to start games slow all the time and usually have to come from behind? It's a problem folks.

We proved in the 4th qtr today that we could score on this Baylor team basically at will.... so why did it take 3 qtrs to actually do it?

I'm tired of everyone saying... "I was just glad to see us come back... go get it next week!". That is SO lame IMO. How many games a year are you okay with saying that?

I still think we are plenty good enough to be 4-0 right now.... but people are happy about just playing Iowa and Baylor close and being 2-2 I guess??? Whatever.

clone1990

Apr 14, 2008
Why do we have to start seasons 1-3 or 2-2? Why do we have to start games slow all the time and usually have to come from behind? It's a problem folks.

We proved in the 4th qtr today that we could score on this Baylor team basically at will.... so why did it take 3 qtrs to actually do it?

I'm tired of everyone saying... "I was just glad to see us come back... go get it next week!". That is SO lame IMO. How many games a year are you okay with saying that?

I still think we are plenty good enough to be 4-0 right now.... but people are happy about just playing Iowa and Baylor close and being 2-2 I guess??? Whatever.
This

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Are they acclimated to weather with higher temperatures? Yes.

Is Iowa state acclimated to temps over 100f? No, no they are not.
What in the heck does this word mean relating to athletics? If the hot weather bothered us, we weren't in shape. And by the eye test, a few of our o-linemen aren't in shape.
Please.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Let’s play like pussies on offense until the 4th quarter and we are down by a bunch just to have to rely on defense. Personnel has a lot of kinks they need to work out because this was an easily winnable game and we sucked.