*** Official IOWA STATE vs #20 UCONN Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The only reason they will even rank us is to avoid dropping UNC too much. They reluctantly have to put us in but it will be 20-something (Fluke Win! Fluke Win!) or something. I get it, we returned little from the Sixteen team. With an entirely new team and no standout star we will be in "prove it" mode every game. I agree with poster who noted votes will likely be in before this game today is done, it'll be well after midnight on the east coast, so maybe no impact from UConn game from a lot of voters.

20-1 non conf record heading into UConn over two years.

Ignore that at the expense of your own credibility if you’re a writer/voter.

Included in that run are:
UNC
Villanova
WIsconsin (road win)
Creighton (road win)
Xavier
Memphis - huge blowout
Iowa - huge blowout

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Anybody else starved for content? We have to make it until 9:00 today and there's not a podcast to be had! If anyone has anything, please share...

Yeah the direction of our newly expanded podcast networks cannot change to basketball fast enough.

I recommend reading up on some PKI media from before play started for a good laugh. Tons of worship of Alabama as the darling of the field. Surprising restraint on UNC in some pieces though.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think this will be the biggest test yet. UCONN is better than UNC at this point in the season so far, so hope the boys are up to the test. Maybe we'll see someone else get hot besides Grill and Gabe today, maybe Holmes just starts drilling shots, since I bet UCONN watched film and will be blanketing Grill.

I think Osun bounces back with a big game after pretty quiet vs UNC.

That’s the great thing about UNC win, the two guys you’d have thought would carry us were pretty quiet so the “played out of their minds” thing really doesn’t make sense. That defense on Friday is just our defense the past two years.

Reactions: CyNews

ISUTex

May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

UNC
Villanova
WIsconsin (road win)
Creighton (road win)
Xavier
Memphis - huge blowout
Iowa - huge blowout

Iowa was the only game in Hilton.

Reactions: HFCS

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com

UNC
Villanova
WIsconsin (road win)
Creighton (road win)
Xavier
Memphis - huge blowout
Iowa - huge blowout
I'll sweeten the pot a little more by noting that each was a road or neutral with exception of Iowa. (UW actual neutral, although de-facto road game)

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'll sweeten the pot a little more by noting that each was a road or neutral with exception of Iowa. (UW actual neutral, although de-facto road game)

Yeah, we haven’t really gotten an elite non-conf team at Hilton in that stretch or it could be even more dominant.

Some of these metrics say St Johns is better than ISU. We’ll get them in Hilton soon.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Osun is from Jersey. Playing against schools like Villanova and UConn is probably big for him - I predict he has another good game like he did against Villanova.

Not sure if we win, but this game can only help us. Chance at another Q1 win; a loss doesn't hurt us either way.

Reactions: CyNews

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
HIt tape of sorts while we wait. March 16, 2012. ISU 77, UConn 63. White, Christopherson, Ejim, Booker, Allen, McGee, Babb, Palo. Royce dunked on Andre Drummond for the 1st basket of the game.

Great team win. I forgot Scotty kind of went off on them.