*** Official IOWA STATE vs #20 UCONN Game(Day) Thread ***

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
How many of us choosing to go to work tired af tomorrow? Alarm goes off for me at 5am but if the game is close I wont sleep anyhow
That’s my issue, I love night games, but I’ll be too wired to sleep. Then I’ll be dog **** tomorrow.

Reactions: CyNews

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It’s fun to see as a fan though sometimes as a little respect for the home team. But yes, hard to maintain and can distract focus.

I'm not sure if the team really lets it distract them but it definitely ruins fans.

They got to #8 last season and people forgot how limited they were as they got to B12 play and faced similar teams with better athletes.

• Agree
Reactions: jctisu and bos

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
How many of us choosing to go to work tired af tomorrow? Alarm goes off for me at 5am but if the game is close I wont sleep anyhow

My alarm goes off at 8:55 so I have time to piss and get the coffee before I get back in bed with my laptop. So basically party time.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
A win puts us in the top 10. Lose, somewhere in the 16-19 range.

Either way- we just got to keep winning.
More than likely, the game will conclude after sports writers have submitted their ballots for the week.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I think this will be the biggest test yet. UCONN is better than UNC at this point in the season so far, so hope the boys are up to the test. Maybe we'll see someone else get hot besides Grill and Gabe today, maybe Holmes just starts drilling shots, since I bet UCONN watched film and will be blanketing Grill.

Reactions: Ankency

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
they put us right next to UNC for sure. Then it’s a battle of how low they can stomach dropping their favorite team and how high they can stomach seeing ISU.

The only reason they will even rank us is to avoid dropping UNC too much. They reluctantly have to put us in but it will be 20-something (Fluke Win! Fluke Win!) or something. I get it, we returned little from the Sixteen team. With an entirely new team and no standout star we will be in "prove it" mode every game. I agree with poster who noted votes will likely be in before this game today is done, it'll be well after midnight on the east coast, so maybe no impact from UConn game from a lot of voters.

• Agree
Reactions: 67CY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron