*** Official IOWA STATE VS #15 Kansas State Big 12 Tournament Game(Day) Thread ***

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Died laughing when Holly Rowe tonight commented that Cartier Diarra was on the sidelines as he had "lower abdominal issues" and yesterday she said that "his tummy hurt" as he had the same issue. She said she got flack from K-State fans for saying that. I was praying to God that she was going to say that he had diarrhea.
Frans comment about dinosaurs banging was better

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
That was just a great win for Iowa State, we as fans have complained all year about being too soft. Well tonight, they showed everyone that we can handle the spotlight when its shining on us. We could have folded down the stretch, down by 5, missing shot after shot, but we sucked it up, and just went back to work, hit big shots and out worked KSU to win the game.

Go Cyclones,

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
That was just a great win for Iowa State, we as fans have complained all year about being too soft. Well tonight, they showed everyone that we can handle the spotlight when its shining on us. We could have folded down the stretch, down by 5, missing shot after shot, but we sucked it up, and just went back to work, hit big shots and out worked KSU to win the game.

Go Cyclones,
I agree that we played pretty well, but the second half we turned the intensity down a bit. I wonder if we were tired or if it's just a consequence of our shots not falling?

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
I agree that we played pretty well, but the second half we turned the intensity down a bit. I wonder if we were tired or if it's just a consequence of our shots not falling?

Likely both. Really forced us to play what I'll call a "cage match" against a team that excels in "cage matches". The Cyclones proved that they wanted it more. I love the heart. Team win.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
So I posted at the beginning that I bet on Iowa STate -2.5 tonight because I thought they would keep the same momentum going from yesterday. Jokes on you, I wanted them to win and cover, just like the rest of the season.
Just because there were mental mistakes that I pointed out doesn't mean I need to be called names or disliked. Shayok saved the day and he and this team deserves all the praise, but nobody here can deny that the offense went completely stagnant for most of that second half with no creativity to speak of. I don't know what you don't like about that. Same goes for the others disliking my posts.

Honestly, it's very hard to give you the benefit of the doubt when you are on record, on this very board no less, as openly wanting a coaching change.

Do not insult our intelligence by denying that. It is as clear as day.

And please stop whining. Any grief you get is on you. You.

Anyway...wow...what a win! I had to leave for an event for the last 8 minutes or so, but thank God for my ESPN app and DVR!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Or it could be that Kansas State had something to do with it.

I thought our guys played very hard all game.

Yeah overall effort is fine. Just gotta figure out that sharing the ball is their jam.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Or it could be that Kansas State had something to do with it.

I thought our guys played very hard all game.
Defensively we definitely turned the pressure down second half, and we got stagnant on offense. Hoping it was just a momentary thing. Effort was fine, just feel like we were deflated a bit.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
On mobile during and after game so this is my first chance to post that beautiful flag!

2k2dge.gif