***Official Iowa State @ Texas Game Thread***

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Does anybody think Kabongo's return tonight could hurt Texas more then it helps them tonight? Obviously he is a major upgrade over the kid who has been playing in his place all season but it seems like in a lot of cases there is a bit of an adjustment period when a player has been out as long as he has and jumps back into the lineup. Thoughts?

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
Does anybody think Kabongo's return tonight could hurt Texas more then it helps them tonight? Obviously he is a major upgrade over the kid who has been playing in his place all season but it seems like in a lot of cases there is a bit of an adjustment period when a player has been out as long as he has and jumps back into the lineup. Thoughts?

I don't think it will hurt them, but I am glad we play them now with the return of Kabongo instead of later.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

I have been thinking that either he comes in and gives them the spark that they need and makes a huge difference positively or comes in and ends up hurting them big time. I just can't envision it somewhere in between. I'm hoping it is the latter.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I have been thinking that either he comes in and gives them the spark that they need and makes a huge difference positively or comes in and ends up hurting them big time. I just can't envision it somewhere in between. I'm hoping it is the latter.

I just have this gut feeling that he comes in looking at these last 8 games for Texas as an 8 game audition for the NBA. If he tries to do too much in an effort to boost his draft stock he could really hurt any kind of flow that the Texas team had (not that they have had much of a positive flow to speak of).

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I just have this gut feeling that he comes in looking at these last 8 games for Texas as an 8 game audition for the NBA. If he tries to do too much in an effort to boost his draft stock he could really hurt any kind of flow that the Texas team had (not that they have had much of a positive flow to speak of).

Yes, he feels the pressure of carrying the team that has struggled and showcasing his talent and the more he presses the more he struggles.

Or he could go off for 30 with 7 threes and 9 assists. :sad:

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com

I would expect some sort of adjustment period, if the opponent weren't Iowa State. These types of situations seem to go against the Cyclones a lot over the years.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Yes, he feels the pressure of carrying the team that has struggled and showcasing his talent and the more he presses the more he struggles.

Or he could go off for 30 with 7 threes and 9 assists. :sad:

No rep for you until I apparently spread the wealth around a bit. Then again... your fine print may only qualify you for negative rep on this one. :realmad:

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
He is a point guard and not a 30 points a game scorer. You can bet that he has been practicing with the team all along. There most likely will not be an adjustment period unless people are not looking for the pass when open.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Ah, all day I made sure to punch/kick myself in the nuts to prepare for tonight for many reasons.

A) We suck on the road (closing out games anyways) and that big 2nd half league never ends well.
B) Of course Texas is getting two of their star players back right in time for our game.
C) Because Iowa State fans always get kicked in the nuts

Final score
Texas: 75
Iowa State: 68

Closer then it looks as Texas hits lots of free throws down the line while we foul.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
He is a point guard and not a 30 points a game scorer. You can bet that he has been practicing with the team all along. There most likely will not be an adjustment period unless people are not looking for the pass when open.

He did score 22 against Okie State last year. But that would require him to have a career high against ISU. Nobody ever has a career high against the 'Clones.

:jimlad:

GoClones123

Sep 5, 2010
Clive, IA
Texas will derail tonight at home, I think the cyclones will actually win a comfortable one. If I'm wrong then it is because I'm awesome.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Texas 80
Iowa State 68

Sorry guys we are not a road team yet this year, totally different from home in the stat sheet.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
GO CYCLONES!!!!! I think tough game but we pull it out. I've heard enough about Mark Kimjongilbo this week.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron