***Official College Football National Championship Game Thread***

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
The inevitable claims that FSU was actually the best team in the country had they been left out of the playoffs is enough of a reason to include them, I couldn't handle that for an entire year.

Yeah, no one would've wanted to give legs to that crab.

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines
So, can we get a do-over and match up Ohio State and TCU?

Ohio State wins. Easily the best team in college football. Jones is a beast at qb, and is the best one they have because he cannot be tackled easily at all. AMAZING wide receivers, and flipping beast at tailback with a good offensive line. Not to mention the best head coach in college football history and a great D. Plus two former Cyclones. Ash, Herman.

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines
they weren't very good, but there's no way you leave out the undefeated reigning champs. That was never ever, ever going to happen. Can you imagine the uproar? It would have been deafening. Plus, FSU had a better record and better SOS than either Baylor or TCU. There's no scenario where they wouldn't have made it. The TCU snub was put to bed for the vast majority of people when Ohio State beat Bama. Now, that the Buckeyes have won it all? TCU is nothing but a footnote on a completed season. One sentence on the Wikipedia page of the 2014 season.

FSU should of easily made the final four.. Thats just a stupid *** comment. You didn't make it, I agree with you. Winston is an outstanding player, and FSU was a great team. Anyone that says otherwise is plain ignorant.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Ohio State wins. Easily the best team in college football. Jones is a beast at qb, and is the best one they have because he cannot be tackled easily at all. AMAZING wide receivers, and flipping beast at tailback with a good offensive line. Not to mention the best head coach in college football history and a great D. Plus two former Cyclones. Ash, Herman.
The Coming of Ezekial. He was best back in football this year.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
FSU should of easily made the final four.. Thats just a stupid *** comment. You didn't make it, I agree with you. Winston is an outstanding player, and FSU was a great team. Anyone that says otherwise is plain ignorant.

FSU was not a great team this year. Good, yes (mostly because of Winston). But not great. They were the 5th-best team this year, at best, IMO.

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines
FSU was not a great team this year. Good, yes (mostly because of Winston). But not great. They were the 5th-best team this year, at best, IMO.

You're right, I retract my statements. Their Defense was very suspect. But they were good, had great resolve, and deserved to be in the top 4.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
At least Oregon still is the undisputed champ of sideline eye candy.

ORFormGonCom.jpg

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Everyone knew the fix was in when they announced the Big 12 refs were doing the game.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Side note. Elliott's mother was the Iowa female athlete of the year at Mt. Ayr in either 90 or 91. Her name was Dawn Huff. She went to Mizzou on a track scholly and married a Mizzou football player.