***Official College Football National Championship Game Thread***

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
We haven't seen a new champion (one that hasn't won it before) in over two decades.
That's not the goal of the playoffs though. They need to add either 2 or 4 more teams, but this was better than what we had before for sure.

RunDMCyclone

Jun 9, 2013
12 Grimmauld Place
OSU was damn impressive in blowing through the supposed best two teams in the country. I have a hard time thinking that TCU could have kept up. OSU's physicality would have completely worn them down too!

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Wow, the amount of folks on Facebook/Twitter whining about U.Meyer running up the score is comical. A lot of OSU haters fighting strong tonight.

I badly wanted Oregon to win this one for a number of reasons, but 3 things are true.

- Urban did not run up the score
- OSU is clearly the best team of the 4
- playoff football is fun and needs to go to 8 teams

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
Wow, the amount of folks on Facebook/Twitter whining about U.Meyer running up the score is comical. A lot of OSU haters fighting strong tonight.

I badly wanted Oregon to win this one for a number of reasons, but 3 things are true.

I have liked like 3 of your posts in this thread. I need a shower.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Oregon is only gonna have themselves to blame for this one.

They got pretty well dominated despite getting 4 takeaways. Ohio State did everything they could to keep Oregon in this one, and they still won by 3 TD's. Oregon's got very little reason to feel like they ****** this away.

Ohio State is just that good.

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado

Agreed on all 3 counts. As much as it pains me to say it, OSU proved most of the doubters wrong, and deserved to be there.

That doesn't mean there aren't other teams that didn't deserve to be there(cough, cough, TCU), but OSU more than proved their worth.

That being said screw those Buckeye douches.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Shouldn't have made the final four.

they weren't very good, but there's no way you leave out the undefeated reigning champs. That was never ever, ever going to happen. Can you imagine the uproar? It would have been deafening. Plus, FSU had a better record and better SOS than either Baylor or TCU. There's no scenario where they wouldn't have made it. The TCU snub was put to bed for the vast majority of people when Ohio State beat Bama. Now, that the Buckeyes have won it all? TCU is nothing but a footnote on a completed season. One sentence on the Wikipedia page of the 2014 season.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
They got pretty well dominated despite getting 4 takeaways. Ohio State did everything they could to keep Oregon in this one, and they still won by 3 TD's. Oregon's got very little reason to feel like they ****** this away.

Ohio State is just that good.
I think most rational humans saw that today. That said, Oregon dropped 2 key 3rd down passes that easily should have been caught to keep drives going. Could have changed this game.

Just like limit the turnovers OSU wins by 5-6 TDs.

Again, a lot of credit to U.Meyer and staff. No one. NO ONE gave OSU a shot and no one thought OSU would even be in the top 15 after losing B.Miller and losing to VaTech.

Insane resolve from this team.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
OSU vs TCU would have been a great game to watch. But what I saw tonight leads me to believe OSU would win that game by about 10 on a neutral field.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
they weren't very good, but there's no way you leave out the undefeated reigning champs. That was never ever, ever going to happen. Can you imagine the uproar? It would have been deafening. Plus, FSU had a better record and better SOS than either Baylor or TCU. There's no scenario where they wouldn't have made it. The TCU snub was put to bed for the vast majority of people when Ohio State beat Bama. Now, that the Buckeyes have won it all? TCU is nothing but a footnote on a completed season. One sentence on the Wikipedia page of the 2014 season.
The inevitable claims that FSU was actually the best team in the country had they been left out of the playoffs is enough of a reason to include them, I couldn't handle that for an entire year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron