****Official Class of 2018 Recruiting Thread****

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
The athleticism in these kids is off the charts. Zion nearly hits his head on the rim in that block, and Conditt might be a bit raw right now, but he's a very athletic and coordinated big man. He's no Woodbury or Garza. He can dribble, shoot, and run the floor.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Griffin’s usage in college will be interesting. Great looking prospects coming in next year.

I love Conditt’s game, he’s not as raw as most athletic guys his height, and it’ll only get better. He moves like a small forward.

Last edited:

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Griffin’s usage in college will be interesting. Great looking prospects coming in next year.

I love Conditt’s game, he’s not as raw as most athletic guys his height, and it’ll only get better. He moves like a small forward.

I feel like strength is the key for Conditt. He has a fair amount of skill from what I can tell.

I love Griffen. I think him and THT will be the two that can make an impact from day 1.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I feel like strength is the key for Conditt. He has a fair amount of skill from what I can tell.

I love Griffen. I think him and THT will be the two that can make an impact from day 1.
His skill level is intriguing. My first reaction is that he’s not raw, but maybe I’m normalizing it to what most guys his height look like. His strength could be prohibitive to contributing early, although I’ve come to be of the thought guys with his length and athleticism don’t need much of it to be effective. I love strength being the missing piece, you get great value in those recruits. Assuming he physically matures at a normal rate he’s going to be fun to watch.

They’re all so promising in terms of prospects. A group of length/athleticism/skill combinations like we’ve rarely had, and that’s even if they don’t grow anymore. Guys like THT and Griffin growing late and we have a couple Hutchison’s. On a similar note, NWB was pegged as a sg/sf as a recruit, but then played some pg as a senior. As a 6’5” pg his “upside” is a lot bigger, and I assumed the old staff jumped on getting him only 18 months later (also the Vaughn factor).

Last edited:

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

I suspect Zion will play at the SF/PF with the current roster setup.
If we are doing player comps @ PF he'll play similar to Ejim, @ SF a Nader type.

Griffen's athleticism and ability to shoot gives creates mismatches at both spots.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Front court for the next few years is Lard and Conditt. That will be fun to watch

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Does nobody go to HS basketball games anymore? Couldn't believe how few people were watching.

I see a lot of empty gyms in photos on tv too. I think it depends on the school and the state. Check out this picture from a game between my kids' high school in Indiana and a rival school. This was a sectional final. The game was in New Castle Fieldhouse. Capacity 9325. Very fun atmosphere for a HS game.

636242561599113544-NewCastleConnersville-mk-01.jpg

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Zion's team outside of him is just terrible. Easy to see why the ratings sites didn't notice him until AAU season.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I suspect Zion will play at the SF/PF with the current roster setup.
If we are doing player comps @ PF he'll play similar to Ejim, @ SF a Nader type.

Griffen's athleticism and ability to shoot gives creates mismatches at both spots.
Agree, he’ll no doubt be a mismatch on offense, although guys like Ejim and Burton don’t get enough credit for what they did on the defensive side going against bigger guys.

This program has been (re)built on mismatches like him. Guys that could be tweeners elsewhere are mismatches here. Good luck to the defense handling THT and Griffen at the same time. Positional mismatches combined with physical mismatches like Wigginton will be fun.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Dang, can't believe I forgot about him. Even better!
Jacobson, too.

I don’t know how much upside he has, but even as a freshman and sophomore he would have been a difference maker here in several games. Those nights the refs take the Lard or Young out of the game, or the opposition has guys too physical for the underclassmen, it’ll be nice to have a P5 quality 6’10” guy coming in.

It’s a guards game to reach the tournament, but if you don’t have several competent bigs you’ll need a lot of luck to advance past the Sweet 16.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Jacobson, too.

I don’t know how much upside he has, but even as a freshman and sophomore he would have been a difference maker here in several games. Those nights the refs take the Lard or Young out of the game, or the opposition has guys too physical for the underclassmen, it’ll be nice to have a P5 quality 6’10” guy coming in.

It’s a guards game to reach the tournament, but if you don’t have several competent bigs you’ll need a lot of luck to advance past the Sweet 16.

Agree. He's a high energy, hard nosed get in there and get it kind of guy. Kind like Nicholas Baer, but with strength, coordination and talent.