****Official Class of 2018 Recruiting Thread****

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Former ISU target who had ISU in his top 5 prior to committing to NW, only to not being admitted to NW late. UTEP is a solid program but not P6 thus he has the right to be slightly disappointed on how this ended.

@GoodmanHoops UTEP has gotten former Northwestern signee Jordan Lathon, point guard in Class of 2018, source told me. Wasn’t admitted to Northwestern, good to go at UTEP.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Former ISU target who had ISU in his top 5 prior to committing to NW, only to not being admitted to NW late. UTEP is a solid program but not P6 thus he has the right to be slightly disappointed on how this ended.

@GoodmanHoops UTEP has gotten former Northwestern signee Jordan Lathon, point guard in Class of 2018, source told me. Wasn’t admitted to Northwestern, good to go at UTEP.

What a fall. Our staff loved him too. Did they ever say why he didn't get into NW? Academics?

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
What a fall. Our staff loved him too. Did they ever say why he didn't get into NW? Academics?

I was a fan of his game and disappointed he decided on NW but at the time Tyler Harris looked ISU bound.
Obviously recruiting is fluid and the staff rebounded nicely with Haliburton who I think has a higher ceiling.

NW never officially gave the final reason Lathon wasn't admitted.

https://usatodayhss.com/2018/jordan...ulty-of-game-changing-talent-at-elite-schools
"While Northwestern wouldn’t provide explicit details of the reasons for withdrawing Lathon’s admission, it’s entirely possible that the school’s admissions department decided he simply didn’t meet it’s stringent academic requirements. That’s a tough break for Northwestern, and a very fortuitous one for some other Power 5 program; Iowa State, Butler, DePaul, Illinois and Louisville have all been linked with the point guard since Northwestern announced he wouldn’t be a Wildcat."

• Informative
Reactions: CyTwins