*** Official Cincinnati Vs #19 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I don't know how many second chance points they got, but if you take away even half of those and we make our free throws, we are probably winning by 12 points right now.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
Think they need to scrap the whole the bigs are just here to clean up the glass narrative they had before the season. If the posts are not more involved in the offense this could be a pretty ugly year.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Well that was a cluster ****

That's Cincy's game. Need to keep it up on defense, rebound much better and break down the defense rather than settle for jump shots.

Our three point shots seem to be a "we'll, gotta get up a shot" rather than purposeful. Along with breaking down the defense, id like to see some plays to get intentional threes off, stretch out the D a bit and open driving lanes.

Oh, and get the defensive rebounds and make them pay for crashing.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
pathetic. if naz doesn't hit 3's he's a liability. let's just keep jacking up shots because that's scoring us a lot of points. do they not realize when they move the ball around they score? The defense is the only thing that is redeemable from this half
They are playing really disciplined defense. When we are moving it we really aren't getting the open shots we normally do.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
My halftime take: Cincinnati is an excellent defensive team (boring, too). They're getting out and defending the wings well and we don't have an inside game outside of Monte's drives. ZERO offensive rebounds in the first half by the Clones. Hopefully, we can start to loosen up this defense and not give up so many offensive boards.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Not much ball movement.

Naz and Matt are not the elite shooters everyone ordained them to be. Though I'm sure they'll kick the rust off as the season goes on.

Cincinnati playing D on our guys, making it difficult to create space to shoot and get in the lane.

CSP better get some movement in the offense and get some run outs on turnovers to make the flow feel like Cyclone basketball and not wresting.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron