***Official Pacers Playoff Thread***

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
The 3 with the shot clock expiring won the game for the Pacers. I've always thought that, psychologically speaking, that's the easiest shot in basketball because you have no choice, you have to shoot it. No pressure.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Summary of series for those who missed some games:

Game 1:
Pacers played OK, good enough to win
Knicks played a little worse than Pacers but had some great individual performances
Tyrese had his worst playoff game pretty clearly
Ref heavily threw game toward NYN, lots of controversial calls and they all went New York's way

Game 2:
Pacers played better
Knicks played a LOT better, very good game
Tyrese played a lot better, looked to score more than regular season and overall All Star level line
Officiating not bad, NY just would have beat about anybody at home that day

Game 3:
Both teams played very inconsistent, big stretches of good and bad for both
Tyrese basically won the game when they blew a huge lead and were down by 9, he came back in the game and scored 7 in a row and assisted on another for a quick 9 points that got Pacers back in it incredibly quick
Not great officiating but the tough breaks went both ways unlike game 1

Tyrese grades by game:
1: D
2: B
3: A - Nearly single handedly cut the 9 point defecit after Pacers blew a big lead, still didn't play great defense but also his best defensive game and had some good defensive plays. 35 points on high shooting %.

Reactions: helechopper

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The 3 with the shot clock expiring won the game for the Pacers. I've always thought that, psychologically speaking, that's the easiest shot in basketball because you have no choice, you have to shoot it. No pressure.

Great shooters (like Steph) and players whose only role is to shoot 3s (JJ Reddick) always shoot in rhythm but there's no option for hesitation in that situation that good and average shooters have sometimes.

In the regular season and especially in that All Star game Tyrese was shooting crazy long 3s with no hesitation and they were really going in. He's gotten a little of it back in these last two games, first game it looked like it was gone.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I mostly like Brunson in terms of fun player to watch, but him crying for three free throws at the end there is pretty horrible. I'm not sure it was even close to a foul. When star players get calls like that it breaks the game and a lot legendary players I've seen would not have begged to the refs on such a far fetched one like that.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I mostly like Brunson in terms of fun player to watch, but him crying for three free throws at the end there is pretty horrible. I'm not sure it was even close to a foul. When star players get calls like that it breaks the game and a lot legendary players I've seen would not have begged to the refs on such a far fetched one like that.
I've liked him quite a bit in general, but he definitely is developing a bad habit of whining after every call.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I've liked him quite a bit in general, but he definitely is developing a bad habit of whining after every call.

He gets a lot of calls because he does force a lot of contact, you can't be a grown man and cry about not getting three free throws there. I probably stop watching the NBA if that's consistently a foul (it was purely nothing) and I'm a massive fan of 40ish years.

He also bangs a lot on purpose and depends on not getting called for the 30ish offensive fouls he commits per game. Some scrub player or rookie would get fouled out if they tried his signature moves.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Here’s my thought how Indy can win this…

Win game 4 and 6 at home any way you can.

Win game 5 or 7 on the road by having a full 48 minutes of their crazy record setting offense from regular season. They did this first half of game 2 scoring over 70 in first half, insane for playoffs. Somehow they need two halves like that of the ball not even touching the floor.

Reactions: heitclone

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Here’s my thought how Indy can win this…

Win game 4 and 6 at home any way you can.

Win game 5 or 7 on the road by having a full 48 minutes of their crazy record setting offense from regular season. They did this first half of game 2 scoring over 70 in first half, insane for playoffs. Somehow they need two halves like that of the ball not even touching the floor.
I mean, the only reason tonight's game was close was the Knick's being absurdly hot from 3. If that one dude shoots normal, Pacers win pretty easily. I have to imagine a longer series favors Indy, with their longer bench and more distributed scoring load. That said, I do think evening the series at 2-2 is crucial for them.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I mean, the only reason tonight's game was close was the Knick's being absurdly hot from 3. If that one dude shoots normal, Pacers win pretty easily. I have to imagine a longer series favors Indy, with their longer bench and more distributed scoring load. That said, I do think evening the series at 2-2 is crucial for them.
Josh Hart has had 5 minutes of rest this entire series, and they all came tonight.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Tyrese said he was pretty banged up in the post game interview. Said he is young and he will be ready for the game Sunday. Both teams are banged up right now. Hopefully the Pacers depth will carry them through.

Reactions: NWICY

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Announcers so concerned when CryBrunson doesn't get his three free throws when he twisted his ankle on a missed three and maybe stepped on Pacer foot...no mention when Turner gets obviously fouled on a made three with no and1.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm