*** Official Cincinnati Vs #19 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
So is the offensive scout team going to be running Iowa's offense or our own offense against our first team defense in practice?

No idea, never been around a team who didn't let the starters practice any offense at all

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Is it possible that this new intense defense is making them to tired to run whatever offensive scheme CSP has?

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
So to recap, we only practice defense all practice, every practice. We only practice defense against the exact plays our next opponent uses. We can't go rotation guys against rotation guys in a scrimmage because the teams we play don't run the exact same offense we do so practicing defending that would be worthless. Bold strategy we're trying out here.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
So to recap, we only practice defense all practice, every practice. We only practice defense against the exact plays our next opponent uses. We can't go rotation guys against rotation guys in a scrimmage because the teams we play don't run the exact same offense we do so practicing defending that would be worthless. Bold strategy we're trying out here.

I still don't know who you're mad at. Maybe tweet at Hines and DM Stanzi through the site for making up articles that you think are non-factual?

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I still don't know who you're mad at. Maybe tweet at Hines and DM Stanzi through the site for making up articles that you think are non-factual?

I don't know why I would ask them, there isn't a single quote in any of those articles that says they only practice defense

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

And if someone believes what you wrote they are a moron.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Yeah those articles say nothing about only practicing defense. They say they have spent more time on defense this year in practice and less time on offense. That does not equal not practicing any offense.

• Agree
Reactions: isufbcurt

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Yeah those articles say nothing about only practicing defense. They say they have spent more time on defense this year in practice and less time on offense. That does not equal not practicing any offense.

Well when you only read what Cyjack has said that would lead you to believe that is what I said when this is what I actually said:

in fact, the defense is hurting the offense because they have almost exclusively been working on defense and haven't even really started implementing the offensive scheme.

It's so easy to see why Trump is now president elect of this country. Believe hyperbole always.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Well when you only read what Cyjack has said that would lead you to believe that is what I said when this is what I actually said:

It's so easy to see why Trump is now president elect of this country. Believe hyperbole always.

It doesn't say that in the articles either. But last year they did improve on offense as the year went along. Hopefully it is the same this year as well. What is baffling is the shot selection though especially from the guys who have been here.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis

27cb6cd0-f524-0132-44e6-0a2ca390b447.gif

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Is it possible that this new intense defense is making them to tired to run whatever offensive scheme CSP has?
Whoa - I wouldn't call our defense overly "intense." Watch Villanova if you want "intense" D. And it doesn't hurt their offense at all...

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
It doesn't say that in the articles either. But last year they did improve on offense as the year went along. Hopefully it is the same this year as well. What is baffling is the shot selection though especially from the guys who have been here.

Yeah he's just making **** up, you have to be a complete idiot to believe we don't practice offense and defense like gunner believes

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

That's not the point. Cyjack is claiming that I said we don't practice offense. Which that quote was what I said in a previous post. You and anyone else can tell me that what I said in that post is inaccurate or disagree with it and I'm fine with that, but don't try to claim that I said something that I didn't say.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Prohm himself has said in video interviews that he wasn't even worried about the offense. It wasn't an explicit we don't practice offense yet, but it was very much implied in his response in total.

Before someone wants to be a smart ass, I don't care enough to find the video clip I'm remembering.

Cynonymous

Aug 14, 2015
I think there is a distinction between running some sets and teaching the team how to defend it vs setting up an offensive scheme and teaching a team how to use it to beat different defensive looks.