*** Official #8 IOWA STATE vs UCF Game(Day) Thread ***

Koala

Jan 4, 2024
That was quite the shift in maturity to end the game. It hasn't been pretty the last few games but they've consistently made the plays they need to when they need to make them which is a hell of an improvement from last year.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'll take it, not every game is going to be perfect, but we have to play better than we have been to make a deep run. Lot of issues right now. Good to win, but I hope they heed the warning signs.

Some guys are tired/injured but other guys have great individual games in these "struggle" games.

Rob was a warrior. King had some great moments. Gilbert was wildly inconsistent but had some massive plays and the behind the back assist should be on any ISU highlight real for the next few years.

• Agree
Reactions: dafarmer

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Great teams pull out wins even when things aren't going well.

But after 3 games of this in a row, i'd like to see a little less struggle.
Good thing TL is still playing his strong defense because is offense hasn’t helped much the last few games. Hopefully he can get it back soon

Reactions: 2Xclone

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I told my wife when we were down 1 (50-49?) we need to go on a 10-0 run for the next 3 minutes -- and we did!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
hopefully it's one of those games where people look at the score and stats and say "eh - ISU handled their business" and don't look at the game further.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Reminder for folks expecting this team to be the next best team ever. Tech that season was worse than this UCF team and Marcus Fizer isn't there to take over.

Any win is good. Any road win is fantastic.

In those early Big 12 years Baylor was like a "worst in the nation" kind of major program and Tech was usually pretty bad too.

The Big 12 in its early years was often top heavy. This last decade it's had depth like no conference I've ever seen. It's not normal for 70-80% of a conference to be good teams, but it has been normal for the Big 12 for a long time now.

Reactions: cayin

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
hopefully it's one of those games where people look at the score and stats and say "eh - ISU handled their business" and don't look at the game further.

Being on ESPN+ i imagine that'll be what most do.

Though we probably got a few extra viewers from the 'upset alert' factor.