*** Official #8 IOWA STATE vs UCF Game(Day) Thread ***

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I have watched a lot of Cyclone basketball through the years. This team has to be the most mentally tough team that I have ever seen. Congratulations and keep it rolling.
I think you are right, they don't have the talent of the Fizer/Tinsley bunch. But damn they are scrappy

Reactions: AlCyJim

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Games like this is prove this team can overcome adversity and win in March when things are not going right. Games like this should encourage fans. It shows what the team is made of when their backs are against the wall.
WRONG , a victory when you are playing badly is the perfect time to freak out and throw your guys under the bus....

Am I doin' this right?

Last edited:

cal-cyclone

Dec 8, 2022
That was a pretty great response in the last 4 minutes of the game. Huge turnaround and some gutsy play down the stretch. We are legit good, and I think we have a good chance of winning out. Lets recover from this and get ready for BYU revenge!!! Great job Cyclones!!!!

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I really like how ucf plays, they need a huge skill upgrade, but they are right there.
UCF is tough and athletic. But man they aren’t very skilled. They would be an easy team to root for if you were a UCF fan based on how hard they play. If they had one more guy that could score, they’d be pretty good.

Great game by Tre to build that cushion, Curt Jones was calm and all the guy does is score in double figures.

Rough game for KG and Tamin obviously, but that was a really good defensive team.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
we haven't played our best ball but keep winning. it's what championship-caliber teams do.

And they've played some capable teams that threw themselves around to stick around and in the end couldn't keep up in a slog.

Who knows what happens over the next month but these wins are more impressive than what's being acknowledged.

• Agree
Reactions: Acer88

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
People talk abt teams w shooters being ISU kryptonite, but its big physical teams that keep us from scoring in the paint.
Exactly, this. More specifically, physical guards that can stay in front of Lipsey and Gilbert. BYU forcing our guards to pass around the perimeter and then getting run-out steals is what beat us at BYU.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
There's an alternate reality without many variables changing where WVU is a top 10-20 team this year.

That's what this year was supposed to be for them with their transfer class. One last hurrah for Huggins.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
Exactly, this. More specifically, physical guards that can stay in front of Lipsey and Gilbert. BYU forcing our guards to pass around the perimeter and then getting run-out steals is what beat us at BYU.
Feel like we can combat this on Wednesday with Tre, Milan, and Watson more than we could against BYU the first time.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
There's an alternate reality without many variables changing where WVU is a top 10-20 team this year.
Would this include not having their HOF coach being black out drunk behind the wheel in a city he had no clue he was in?

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
I love how teams think the secret sauce to beating us is to muck it and ugly it up as much as they can. This team is like:
]

Help Support Us

Become a patron