*** Official #6 IOWA STATE vs #2 Houston Game(Day) Thread ***

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
Lipsey is good but he's still a sophomore with room to grow. He got owned by a senior guard who is one of the best in the country. I think Lipsey is a pretty sharp and determined guy. He will use this experience to get better.
Yes, Snead had a better game and Lipsey seemed absent. Snead is a 4 year guard and Lipsey a true soph. I just don't think Lipsey is completely healthy. Fran indicated he isn't practicing much. He really has only had one real good game since coming back against Texas. I hope he can get healthy by the end of the year. If its accurate he is still suffering from the injury, I really feel like we have a chance against UH on a neutral floor. If Snead is the POY if UH wins, Lipsey is if ISU wins or can make the case if ISU ties.

danvillecyclone

Dec 8, 2011
Our KenPom AdjO went from 44 before Texas Tech to 42 after Tech

Now it’s 39th after the Houston game. Essentially giving us a green light on how well we did on the road vs #1 D.

It also gets us into the criteria of every National Champion since KenPom was published.

Top 25 Def
Top 40 Off

Loving this team more after each game.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
It wasn't what we hoped but nothing to be ashamed about. Sucks because winning a share of the title is probably best we can hope for, but for a team that replaced as much production as we did this year we have rounded into form really well at just the right time. This team is good regardless of the loss tonight.

danvillecyclone

Dec 8, 2011
32-15 free throw. LoLz.
That call towards end of first half when Houston player, untouched, lost the ball and ISU foul is called summed up entire evening
It was 15-3 in the first half. Which really sets the tone for the game and a tough ask to stay within reach.

And we accomplished just that only down 5.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It wasn't what we hoped but nothing to be ashamed about. Sucks because winning a share of the title is probably best we can hope for, but for a team that replaced as much production as we did this year we have rounded into form really well at just the right time. This team is good regardless of the loss tonight.

I’ve never once heard a KU fan act as if their many shared titles aren’t just full titles.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I’ve never once heard a KU fan act as if their many shared titles aren’t just full titles.

You take a title any way you can get it.

Also, it'd be one thing if we got swept by them but given the split and close, hard fought games both ways, a split actually feels about right. These are the two best teams and the results were even overall.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Well, beat them on the boards, including offensive RBs, shot well from 3, but turned it over too much and didn't turn them over nearly enough. And Shead was great. Hell of an effort.

Tamin obviously didn't play well, but got absolutely beat up, especially running into picks. Saw him holding his shoulder. Might need to hold him out vs WVU.
Which shoulder? Lt one again?

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
Was at the game, IMHO we lost it in the first 8 minutes, don't know if we were expecting that level of intensity. My phone reached 106-107 decibels in the beginning and a lot thruout the game. Once we got used to the environment, think we were able to run our offense and hit some shots. Its a shoebox arena, 7000 screaming fans right on top of the court, no wonder they don't lose at home. Also need to stop Scnead (sp/ #1) but I think we can win on a neutral court, won't come out of the gate looking slow/not in sync.

PS: Asked my daughter (her husband went to Houston and she been to several games) if it was always that loud. She said it was normally loud, but tonight was the loudest it has ever been in the games she's been to, seems the Cyclones caused extra effort for their fans! They also use the PA with former players/athletes to fire up the crowd during time outs!

Last edited:
Reactions: agentbear

cal-cyclone

Dec 8, 2022
and I don't see any way that KU is coming out of their game at Houston w/ a win either. We somehow need to pinch our noses and hope Baylor beats them, and then we beat Baylor.

Reactions: BigCyFan

cal-cyclone

Dec 8, 2022
I have to say I have enjoyed this year's team more than any in recent memory, probably more even than the 2-3 really good years with Hoiberg. It feels like we aren't a talented as those teams, but we get the absolute most out of every player. TJ has somehow maxed out most of the guys on the team. It has been an honor to watch these guys get better every game, and see the 100% buy in and effort and hustle that our guys have shown. Amazing year so far.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron