*** Official #25 Washington State vs #4 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
So weird question....for at least 3 games since we've been winning in tournaments, the team has the the same support staff or grad assistant place "Iowa State" on the bracket. I'm sure this guy is pretty great, but it seems a little surprising. Anyone know the story?

flinkpoyd01

Sep 27, 2009
SLC, UT
Anyone else laugh when that Gates <edit WELLS… but honestly who cares> kid “shushed” the crowd?

IMG_4876.jpeg

I did. I remember thinking that this Washington State team has yet to see a team as complete as this current ISU roster and that it was going to look really foolish after the second half steamroll.

Talented, but a lot to learn still.

Last edited:

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
I remember this play now. They passed over to the Jankiwoski guy who hit an open three.
I thought it was jackimoff-ski.

That wasn't a travel it was a damn dance routine.

I would have preferred another asskicking, but instead they proved how dang tough they are playing through a terrible half and just grinding wazzu to death in the second.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Anyone else laugh when that Gates kid “shushed” the crowd?

View attachment 126203

I did. I remember thinking that this Washington State team has yet to see a team as complete as this current ISU roster and that it was going to look really foolish after the second half steamroll.

We're at the point now where when I see the opponent get too cocky, I just smile because I know what is going to happen.

Reactions: flinkpoyd01

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
So I'm at an Iowa Heartlanders hockey game in Coralville and there's an older guy a few seats down from me with a Wazzou hockey jersey on. I don't say anything to him until 10 minutes after the game is over, but I say something like "Hey you guys played a really tough game!" He looks at me funny and the girl sitting next to him tells me that he was recording the game to watch it later. Omg...

I felt bad but not TOO bad, ya know. In this day and age......

Go Clones!
This kinda belongs in one of those "heard in the stands of the game" thread. :prohm:

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Anyone else laugh when that Gates kid “shushed” the crowd?

View attachment 126203

Just another version of a floor slap. I knew it was all over for them when I saw this

Help Support Us

Become a patron